Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
Paper cut outs
Paper cut outs posté le [11/02/2019] à 03:01

Playing around on the graphics program and downloaded a lot of image files for "paper hammer". So printed some out.

I might cut out enough to make stuff for the first few scenarios. The maps and artwork are just fantastic. Adding a bit of height might be neat.

I saved the clear plastic packaging from some f the expansions. If these standups are glued to small pieces of that I can read the counter and still have a bit of a 3D look.

Paper cut outs posté le [11/02/2019] à 05:04

Creative. Good luck with the project. :mrgreen:

What do you mean I lost again….

Paper cut outs posté le [11/02/2019] à 13:14

I have thought that it might be kind of cool to use Flames of War miniatures in a similar way, maybe placing them on the tiles like you did or placing the minis directly on the board and having the unit tiles on the board-edge as a stat reference. HoN/HoBR is really a miniatures game without miniatures but, honestly, it's hard to give up on the little guys…minis are just so much fun to move around. Thanks for the pics.

Paper cut outs posté le [11/02/2019] à 13:56

Well, in my case, I did give up on miniature games (40K, Flames of War) as I did not find the building and painting of armies really fun anymore. I'm still interested in skirmish games though (a bit).

But, really, Hon/SoN/HoBR/HoSTA has really filled the empty place in my heart for the miniature gaming and I don't even miss that anymore.

I actually like the 2D element of Heroes System and don't even want to replace it with miniatures.

I started my gaming with Avalon Hill boardgames, so I kind of have returned home back into boardgaming.

But, if that 3D element adds anything for your games, go for it!

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Paper cut outs posté le [11/02/2019] à 14:20

Quote from Colhammer on [11/02/2019] à 13:56

Well, in my case, I did give up on miniature games (40K, Flames of War) as I did not find the building and painting of armies really fun anymore. I'm still interested in skirmish games though (a bit).

But, really, Hon/SoN/HoBR/HoSTA has really filled the empty place in my heart for the miniature gaming and I don't even miss that anymore.

Same here. I prefer playing prepainted miniature games like X-Wing and Wings of Glory on neoprene playmats. I like how you don't need to build any terrain in those games.

But Ken, good idea nevertheless. I've seen people put real miniatures on HoN counters too. It looks cool.

Looking for players in Belgium (Brussels/Antwerp/Mechelen/Leuven)

Paper cut outs posté le [12/02/2019] à 01:57

Colhammer, I agree, the building and painting of miniatures can become a huge pain. I'm currently sitting on a half-painted set of Bolt Action Germans that I have had for a year and a half as well as 40 or 50 War of the Roses archers and knights that are half-built and half-painted. It's relaxing to sit down and work at them once and a while but the feeling that you can't use them until they're finished is discouraging (I know you can, but they look like crap on the table). The fact that you can pull HoN right out of the box and run a game and the stats are right there on the tiles, cutting down on having to go back to the rule book, is great. I guess I just never gave up playing with toy soldiers.

Paper cut outs posté le [12/02/2019] à 05:29

I sold off my WH40k and Flames of War armies and walked away once having black bases became "not enough" and you had to have painted and finished bases as well or your army was not welcome on most tables in the area. Five different 40k armies and three FoW armies went on eBay as well as years of books.

I hate painting the figures. To me, painting was something you did so you could play. Thus why after not having any miniature wargames for years, finding HoN and now HoBR gave me a gift they can't understand. It isn't just a cute phrase for me. Having fully painted and based armies from the box was a relief. It allowed me to get to the part I always loved, the play.

What do you mean I lost again….

Pages : 1