Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
Indiana Jones style Adventures
Indiana Jones style posté le [11/02/2019] à 20:02

Just seen on the French Forums

Someone proposed a sort of individual character adventure game (a "dungeon crawler" style) using the HSTS system, to which Yann replied:

From Yann (via Google Translate)

We had [talks] with Guillaume, it would be an opportunity to launch a range "Adventure" in fact.

I already work well on a first box but it may take a little time before the project does see the light of day. :mrgreen:

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Indiana Jones style Adventures posté le [11/02/2019] à 20:08

Sounds good!

If it is compatible with HoN/SoN, then it sounds super good!

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Indiana Jones style Adventures posté le [11/02/2019] à 21:48

Interesting! I can also see that work in a ww2 theme! A big mansion where a spy needs to retrieve intel. Prisoner who needs to escape. Lots of movies to borrow idea’s from!

Indiana Jones style Adventures posté le [11/02/2019] à 22:24

I think this would be a great idea. Over the summer I need to work on submitting some stuff.

Indiana Jones style Adventures posté le [12/02/2019] à 01:42

Given the limited manpower that DPGs has right now, I hope they do not get into the trap of working on too many "great ideas" at once though.

I have seen lots of great ideas on these forums over time. I would imagine they have lists very long of great ideas. But in order for DPGs to survive and grow they would need to use caution in selecting what to actively work on at any given time.

I know I am being a bummer here. Sorry. :mrgreen:

Member of the « Cult of the Inexisting New » – Thanks bartdevuyst

Indiana Jones style Adventures posté le [12/02/2019] à 07:53

I don't think you are being a bummere here, dafrca.

I get excited about the many possibilities HoN/SoN/HoBR could have in the future, but at the same time I want DPG to be really careful going forward and not overextend their resources.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Indiana Jones style Adventures posté le [12/02/2019] à 08:09

While I do like the idea of this 'adventure' style I think it would be a stretch for WWII.

I would rather they did a real 'dungeon crawl' with heroes who battle with sword, axe and bow instead of machine guns.

Fighters, Wizards, … vs Orks, beastmen and all kinds of monsters

Each Hero gets his own recruitment tile with inserts where they can put weapons, shields, armour, etc…

Perhaps even a level system where the heroes get bonuses for attack/movement/whatever.

endless possibilities…

Indiana Jones style Adventures posté le [12/02/2019] à 09:02

I had an idea for a fantasy version as well. 3 factions to start, "campaign" to tell a story. Compatable with HSTS products (point balanced) almost all the components are there already. I mean, even rules for large creatures.

Indiana Jones style Adventures posté le [12/02/2019] à 21:38

There are zillion fantasy dungeon romp games already.

IMO the "Indiana Jones" game sounded more interesting to me.

Indiana Jones style Adventures posté le [13/02/2019] à 10:38

Quote from Colhammer on [12/02/2019] à 21:38

There are zillion fantasy dungeon romp games already.

I agree. I don't want or need yet another high-fantasy crawler. But maybe I've just grown out of that setting because of playing too much HeroQuest as a child. :mrgreen:

Did you guys see the trailer for the Reichbusters board game? Just like SoN, it sits in an alternate universe, WW2 world full of weird things. It looks pretty darn cool, in my opinion! 😎

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT5ffQw_twk

The art reminds me a bit of Bonvalot's work.

Indiana Jones style Adventures posté le [14/02/2019] à 03:50

But it isn't a dungeon romp. It's a tale of a Monarch who uses his forces to gather taxes from the peasantry. The starving commoners who fight and seek aid from some well meaning heroes to fight their oppressor. And the wave of orcs who seek revenge against the humanoids who are destroying their homeland in unnecessary expansion.

When I said Campaign, I meant Military campaign much like the ones we play in Normandie.

Pages : 1