Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
More Questions
More Questions posté le [18/02/2019] à 21:19

On each mission I learn more from this game and some doubts arise. But it has been sensational thematic feeling and the art is absurdly sensational (yesterday I discovered that some units have the drawing of the ammunition on the floor = OOOOO)

I hope you can help me with these questions. =DDDDDD

1- The Card Burst Into Action says a unit can shoot before, during or after a move without penalty. Can this letter be used for vehicles as well?

2- If a tank is used, can you shoot only with the machine gun or with the cannon?

3- How does the perforating action (add one in the dice) work on the bazooka?

4- Should we use the round explosion token when using a grenade? Are 3 kinds of colors, does it make a difference? Depending on the value taken in the dice, does that unit move to the respective side? How it works?

5- In mission 3, we have that each player gets 3 stars, so 3 orders tokens. If one of the players misses the third star in the turn, does he lose the game immediately or only after the end of the turn?

6- Card CONFUSION is only in ORDER phase? Does the unit have to be with the suppression of the last shift? A card is written ORDER on the upper side in orange. Should this card be played in ORDER phase or SUPLY phase?

7- When a unit is with supressed it means that it loses -2 in all actions (defense, attack, move), correct?

8 – Ability AMBUSH can only be used where there is forest or can be used on road terrain, for example?

9- Can DYNAMIC move a marker that was removed from the game (before being used) by the unit being eliminated?

10- Card RAM do the vehicles need to be adjacent? Is it like an ASSAULT?

11- Can infantry protect themselves behind a tank? Vision penalty is -1, -2 or X?

12- When we shoot, we have to see if the vision is clear for the shot. In this case we use a rope signaling the middle of the unit to the middle of the enemy unit. If a forest passes, however small, does it mean that there will be a penalty of -1, -2 or X, correct?

13- During the game we can have several goals to catch or rescue. Do you usually use a rule to spend an action to get that item or simply reaching the tile where it is already enough?

14- Can I in the Suply phase walk 2 of movement with an official to the tile of an item (which automatically already catches it) and return on the msm path with the remaining 2 moves?

CLAUDIO MENDES

More Questions posté le [18/02/2019] à 23:22

First question: Are you using the English language version of the game? I am trying not to assume anything, but I want to know whether references to English language items will actually be helpful.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

More Questions posté le [18/02/2019] à 23:31

Yeah my friend… got the english manual. Better for me because I'm brazilian hehe

CLAUDIO MENDES

More Questions posté le [19/02/2019] à 03:58

Ok.

If a card says "your unit" then it can be any unit. If it says "infantry unit" then it can only be used by infantry, and if it says "vehicle" it applies only to vehicles.

Cards also say when they can be played. If they can only be played in the order phase there will be red text that says "Play during the Order Phase" (example: Communications Scrambled). Confusion says "Play when an enemy unit receives a Suppressed marker, so it can be played any time that happens.

If you have v1.2b of the HoN rules, then you can find a summary of the effects of a Suppressed marker on the back of the rulebook. The -2 is applied to all rolls and to Movement. It does not apply to Defense.

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

More Questions posté le [19/02/2019] à 04:21

I don't know what version of the rules you have. If you have V1.2b it will say that in the block of copyright text and such just under the Table of Contents.

All my page references are assuming you have V1.2b.

I did not have time to get into a couple of the answers, but here are the majority.

Quote from massamendes on [18/02/2019] à 21:19

1- The Card Burst Into Action says a unit can shoot before, during or after a move without penalty. Can this letter be used for vehicles as well?

[1a]- If a tank is used, can you shoot only with the machine gun or with the cannon?

Good question. You can use Burst Into Action on a vehicle, and you can use it with the Primary Weapon, at least that is how I read it.

The rules for Perforating are on p. 18 of the HoN v1.2b rulebook. They are also in the Compendium. With perforating you add +1 to the roll to localize damage on a heavy vehicle. Normally a Heavy Vehicle is destroyed on a 6, but with a Perforating attack, it is destroyed on a 5 (which becomes 5+1=6) and a natural 6.

4- Should we use the round explosion token when using a grenade? Are 3 kinds of colors, does it make a difference? Depending on the value taken in the dice, does that unit move to the respective side? How it works?

You use the template that corresponds to the color of a Howitzer or Indirect Fire attack. For a Grenade, you use the brown side on the back of the template. Grenades never deviate, so they always land where thrown. The combat modifiers for the Grenade attack are printed on the grenade token, but you roll individually for any units (enemy or otherwise) that are even partially under the template.

6- Card CONFUSION is only in ORDER phase? Does the unit have to be with the suppression of the last shift? A card is written ORDER on the upper side in orange. Should this card be played in ORDER phase or SUPLY phase?

According to my spreadsheet of card text, Confusion should say "Play when an enemy infantry unit receives a Suppressed marker.", what exactly is written on the card? Sorry but I don't have my cards handy atm.

9- Can DYNAMIC move a marker that was removed from the game (before being used) by the unit being eliminated?

Dynamic can be used to move a marker, but that means the marker must be on the board. Relay is the card you want to move a marker from a unit that was just eliminated.

You play the card BEFORE you move your vehicle, but it does not have to be adjacent. The vehicle must try to ram an enemy vehicle, and you use the mechanics written on the card, which are sort of their own thing.

11- Can infantry protect themselves behind a tank? Vision penalty is -1, -2 or X?

That is covered under the LoS rules:

All infantry units block LoS unless the target

or the unit firing is a vehicle. Vehicles block LoS.

12- When we shoot, we have to see if the vision is clear for the shot. In this case we use a rope signaling the middle of the unit to the middle of the enemy unit. If a forest passes, however small, does it mean that there will be a penalty of -1, -2 or X, correct?

For any spaces between the shooting unit and the target unit, yes. If the line passes through a terrain effect that affects LoS, even just a little, then that penalty is applied. However, you ignore the space in which the shooting unit stands as well as the space in which the target unit stands when calculating LoS penalties.

14- Can I in the Suply phase walk 2 of movement with an official to the tile of an item (which automatically already catches it) and return on the msm path with the remaining 2 moves?

I am not sure what you mean here. what is the MSM path?

More Questions posté le [19/02/2019] à 09:50

I'll try and answer the remaining questions.

2- If a tank is used, can you shoot only with the machine gun or with the cannon?

Heavy Vehicles with multiple weapons – the primary weapon has a red outline, the secondary weapon has a yellow outline – can use both weapons. You can shoot at the same or different targets during a Firing Action. Resolve each target separately.

For future reference, the Perforating special ability is now (in the 2.0 rules) called Piercing.

5- In mission 3, we have that each player gets 3 stars, so 3 orders tokens. If one of the players misses the third star in the turn, does he lose the game immediately or only after the end of the turn?

You will only lose Order Tokens as a result of lost units or officers at the beginning of the next turn. You count your amount of Order Tokens at the beginning of the next turn: if you don't have any Order Tokens, you lose.

7- When a unit is with suppressed it means that it loses -2 in all actions (defense, attack, move), correct?

Not completely.

Suppressed Markers affect the following things:

• Movement

• Firing Actions (only the firing unit with the Suppressed Marker)

• Assault (movement/attack/defense)

• A suppressed unit loses its Zone of Control.

Suppressed Markers do not affect the following things:

• Dispersal/Scattering (Indirect Fire)

• Destruction (Rolls to destroy Structures)

• Defense on a Firing Action

8 – Ability AMBUSH can only be used where there is forest or can be used on road terrain, for example?

You can use the Ambush Special Ability anytime you like, but the chance of getting spotted increases when that unit doesn't sit in a Terrain Element. A Clear Line of Sight to the Ambush unit reveals it.

13- During the game we can have several goals to catch or rescue. Do you usually use a rule to spend an action to get that item or simply reaching the tile where it is already enough?

There's a difference between Objectives and Objects.

Objectives:

In order to control objectives, you need to be the only player who has at least one infantry unit in one of the 4 adjacent squares or in the Terrain Element (building, defensive position, etc.) at the end of a Supply Phase.

If your opponent also has a unit in one of those squares, the objective remains neutral.

Objects:

There are two kinds of objects, heavy and light.

The scenario will indicate which kind of object is present. In order to pick up a light object, a unit only needs to move through the square where the object rests, or an adjacent square if the object is on an Interspace. The unit does not need to stop.

In order to pick up a heavy object, the unit needs to stop in the square where the object rests or an adjacent square if the object is on an Interspace. Any enemy units in adjacent squares will prevent you from picking up a heavy object. You may drop a light object or a heavy object at any time during a Movement Action.

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

More Questions posté le [19/02/2019] à 15:58

Reaction:

Nr:2 it can only shoot with te gun that has the fire.on the move optie.somtimes you can shoot non, sometimes only the mg en soms only the gun.

Nr: 3 first you shoot and looks of you hit youre tagert. Then you do the plus one on the damage.

Nr: 4 yes you do, you take the one with the same colar thats on the back of the grenade token.

Nr: 5 i think and of turn, but i do not no for sure.

Nr: 6 dont now, have to look in to.

Nr: 7 correct. All the thinks -2.

Nr: 8 you can use it when the enemy has no line of vieuw on your unit. And when the unit is in a terrein tile, bush, house, enz enz. Infantery units can spot them when they are in line of vieuw when te ambush units is in the open ore the can spot them when they are in two away of them when they are in a terrein tile.

Rest will come but i have to go kids are jelling.

Sorry for my english, its not great but i hope you can read it. Im also no english men buth a dutch one. 😉

Zijn er ook nerderlandse spelers onder ons? Omgeving nijmegen, uden, enz.

More Questions posté le [10/03/2019] à 21:23

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [19/02/2019] à 04:21

I don't know what version of the rules you have. If you have V1.2b it will say that in the block of copyright text and such just under the Table of Contents.

All my page references are assuming you have V1.2b.

I did not have time to get into a couple of the answers, but here are the majority.

[1a]- If a tank is used, can you shoot only with the machine gun or with the cannon?

Good question. You can use Burst Into Action on a vehicle, and you can use it with the Primary Weapon, at least that is how I read it.

The rules for Perforating are on p. 18 of the HoN v1.2b rulebook. They are also in the Compendium. With perforating you add +1 to the roll to localize damage on a heavy vehicle. Normally a Heavy Vehicle is destroyed on a 6, but with a Perforating attack, it is destroyed on a 5 (which becomes 5+1=6) and a natural 6.

You use the template that corresponds to the color of a Howitzer or Indirect Fire attack. For a Grenade, you use the brown side on the back of the template. Grenades never deviate, so they always land where thrown. The combat modifiers for the Grenade attack are printed on the grenade token, but you roll individually for any units (enemy or otherwise) that are even partially under the template.

According to my spreadsheet of card text, Confusion should say "Play when an enemy infantry unit receives a Suppressed marker.", what exactly is written on the card? Sorry but I don't have my cards handy atm.

Dynamic can be used to move a marker, but that means the marker must be on the board. Relay is the card you want to move a marker from a unit that was just eliminated.

You play the card BEFORE you move your vehicle, but it does not have to be adjacent. The vehicle must try to ram an enemy vehicle, and you use the mechanics written on the card, which are sort of their own thing.

That is covered under the LoS rules:

All infantry units block LoS unless the target

or the unit firing is a vehicle. Vehicles block LoS.

For any spaces between the shooting unit and the target unit, yes. If the line passes through a terrain effect that affects LoS, even just a little, then that penalty is applied. However, you ignore the space in which the shooting unit stands as well as the space in which the target unit stands when calculating LoS penalties.

I am not sure what you mean here. what is the MSM path?

When do we use those round tokens with values for north, east, west, and south?

In item 14 the MSM was an abbreviation in Portuguese for "same". Sorry hehehe

Thanks a lot for the answers

CLAUDIO MENDES

More Questions posté le [10/03/2019] à 21:25

Quote from bartdevuyst on [19/02/2019] à 09:50

I'll try and answer the remaining questions.

Heavy Vehicles with multiple weapons – the primary weapon has a red outline, the secondary weapon has a yellow outline – can use both weapons. You can shoot at the same or different targets during a Firing Action. Resolve each target separately.

For future reference, the Perforating special ability is now (in the 2.0 rules) called Piercing.

You will only lose Order Tokens as a result of lost units or officers at the beginning of the next turn. You count your amount of Order Tokens at the beginning of the next turn: if you don't have any Order Tokens, you lose.

7- When a unit is with suppressed it means that it loses -2 in all actions (defense, attack, move), correct?

Not completely.

Suppressed Markers affect the following things:

• Movement

• Firing Actions (only the firing unit with the Suppressed Marker)

• Assault (movement/attack/defense)

• A suppressed unit loses its Zone of Control.

Suppressed Markers do not affect the following things:

• Dispersal/Scattering (Indirect Fire)

• Destruction (Rolls to destroy Structures)

• Defense on a Firing Action

You can use the Ambush Special Ability anytime you like, but the chance of getting spotted increases when that unit doesn't sit in a Terrain Element. A Clear Line of Sight to the Ambush unit reveals it.

There's a difference between Objectives and Objects.

Objectives:

In order to control objectives, you need to be the only player who has at least one infantry unit in one of the 4 adjacent squares or in the Terrain Element (building, defensive position, etc.) at the end of a Supply Phase.

If your opponent also has a unit in one of those squares, the objective remains neutral.

Objects:

There are two kinds of objects, heavy and light.

The scenario will indicate which kind of object is present. In order to pick up a light object, a unit only needs to move through the square where the object rests, or an adjacent square if the object is on an Interspace. The unit does not need to stop.

In order to pick up a heavy object, the unit needs to stop in the square where the object rests or an adjacent square if the object is on an Interspace. Any enemy units in adjacent squares will prevent you from picking up a heavy object. You may drop a light object or a heavy object at any time during a Movement Action.

Thanks for the clarifications

CLAUDIO MENDES

More Questions posté le [10/03/2019] à 21:26

Quote from voxer on [19/02/2019] à 15:58

Reaction:

Nr:2 it can only shoot with te gun that has the fire.on the move optie.somtimes you can shoot non, sometimes only the mg en soms only the gun.

Nr: 3 first you shoot and looks of you hit youre tagert. Then you do the plus one on the damage.

Nr: 4 yes you do, you take the one with the same colar thats on the back of the grenade token.

Nr: 5 i think and of turn, but i do not no for sure.

Nr: 6 dont now, have to look in to.

Nr: 7 correct. All the thinks -2.

Nr: 8 you can use it when the enemy has no line of vieuw on your unit. And when the unit is in a terrein tile, bush, house, enz enz. Infantery units can spot them when they are in line of vieuw when te ambush units is in the open ore the can spot them when they are in two away of them when they are in a terrein tile.

Rest will come but i have to go kids are jelling.

Sorry for my english, its not great but i hope you can read it. Im also no english men buth a dutch one. 😉

Thanks a lot my friend

CLAUDIO MENDES

Pages : 1