Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
Does Runtherder work on a Suppressed Gretchin?
How does Runtherder ability on a suppressed unit? posté le [19/02/2019] à 23:19

If a Gretchin is suppressed (-2 movement), can the Runtherder's ability that says "move a Gretchin 2 spaces" counteract the suppression? The Gretchin has a movement of 3 so it would have 1 movement left, but I imagine an ability overrides the movement value of the unit therefore allowing the Gretchin to move.

Any help with this?

How does Runtherder ability on a suppressed unit? posté le [20/02/2019] à 08:40

I would say this ability has nothing to do with the 'normal move/action'. In the ability description it says the unit may still do normal move after this extra move.

So I would say they can move the 2 squares from this ability and then their normal move (which would be 1 square due to the surpressed token)

But this is my interpretation and by no means an official ruling.

Fluff-wise the gretchin would be more afraid of the cattle prod wielding Ork behind them (who will kill them if they don't move) than from some bullets flying overhead. It's hard being a gretchin 😉

How does Runtherder ability on a suppressed unit? posté le [20/02/2019] à 16:18

Thanks – that's how we played it as well. I assume this would bypass immobalized also (0 move speed)?

How does Runtherder ability on a suppressed unit? posté le [10/05/2019] à 21:15

The Rules section for Movement specifically points out that if a Unit's movement is reduced to 0, the unit is Immobilized.

Unfortunately, Immobilized is highlighted as a keyword, but then not defined in the Glossary. However, given the point it was meant to be a keyword, I would suggest that the Gretchin cannot move once reduced to 0.

I will check with the Pigs.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Pages : 1