Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
Scenario # 6 Face Your Fate
Scenario # 6 Face Your Fate posté le [24/02/2019] à 19:03

I strongly suggest that DPG reviews again this ccenario. As it is it is unwinnable for the Space Marines. Reasons:

1. The large map. If you do not have flying infantry or Scouts you need a transport which eats up at least 45 points. The transport vehicle likely won't survive turn 2, so any guns on it cannot be taken into account.

2. The Ork Boss is a beast. He has the advantage over a Space Marine in close combat and if you put him in cover you need at least a 9 to hit him. So a normal Space Marine needs a 6 to shoot him. Add to this that the Boss has a 4+ Armour save it is very unlikely that he will be put down unless he faces a large Space Marine Force, which cannot be mustered with 300/350 points.

Unless you roll some very very lucky dice the Boss will survive.

I am sure that this scenario was not playtested thoroughly. We played it 5 times and the Space Marines did not stand a chance.

I suggest that you add +100/150 Points to the Space Marine Force.

But we need an official revised Scenario update.

Scenario # 6 Face Your Fate posté le [24/02/2019] à 22:56

Hmm. How about post your army list? Hard to give advice if we cannot see your intended battle array.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Scenario # 6 Face Your Fate posté le [26/02/2019] à 23:42

Were you able to win the Scenario as the Space Marines? If so, what was your army list?

Scenario # 6 Face Your Fate posté le [27/02/2019] à 00:22

Just because I am the moderator and experiences in HSTS rules does not mean that I have played every scenario ever made. I prefer free-play to scenarios in any case.

But there are a lot of HoBR players here, so offer a list and let people offer suggestions to fix it.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Scenario # 6 Face Your Fate posté le [27/02/2019] à 01:22

Scout Squad + LSS

Vanguard Squad w/Jump Packs + Attack Bike

Bro Malcian or Bro Probian w/Relic Blade

Ignored other Orks, focused on the Warboss

I admit it would depend on how the Orks were set up and what they took. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Fix Post

Member of the « Cult of the Inexisting New » – Thanks bartdevuyst

Scenario # 6 Face Your Fate posté le [28/02/2019] à 06:37

But there are a lot of HoBR players here, so offer a list and let people offer suggestions to fix it.

I would also add that it would be helpful if we knew what the Ork player took. I actually think 300 or 350 points can get you a good Marine force.

Scenario # 6 Face Your Fate posté le [28/02/2019] à 07:47

TOW2marine, to be fair, I agree that #6 favors the Orks and if the Ork player is good it could be even harder. I do think though that the Marine player could give them a run for their money. And if the Marine player does not loose sight of the real goal, kill the boss, they can pull a win out once in a while. :mrgreen:

Member of the « Cult of the Inexisting New » – Thanks bartdevuyst

Pages : 1