Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
Missed opportunity/wasted space?
Missed opportunity/wasted space? posté le [26/02/2019] à 23:56

Hi, all.

I have just received the game and was able to play it twice. I have a question about the recruitment and support tiles: why do they have blank tiles on them? Apologies if this has been asked before, but it seems that these tiles could have been used to increase the number of available upgrades and customisation tiles available, or save space that could be used for something else. Is there a reason for this?

Missed opportunity/wasted space? posté le [27/02/2019] à 00:20

The most obvious answer is because:

a) A cut is not always accurate, so the bleed along the edge might not work if it was a token in the middle.

b) Slots do not always have the same stripe on both sides, so any option in that slot would have flexibility far above normal ones. And no, you cannot just have the stripes different for the option and the slot because (a)

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Missed opportunity/wasted space? posté le [27/02/2019] à 01:07

a) A cut is not always accurate, so the bleed along the edge might not work if it was a token in the middle.

Interesting. I did not know that.

b) Slots do not always have the same stripe on both sides, so any option in that slot would have flexibility far above normal ones. And no, you cannot just have the stripes different for the option and the slot because (a)

True, they would have been way too flexible. But, if 'a)' above were not an issue, couldn't the units been granted 'unique' upgrades that could only be equipped there, such as 'Sicarius' sword'or 'Orar's crozius'? I am asking this as I look upon a pile of tiles that do nothing but fill slots in the tiles. there is almost enough cardboard for another game… it jusy feels wasteful…

Thank you for the answer!

Missed opportunity/wasted space? posté le [27/02/2019] à 03:34

Hold onto them… someone might to a print-and-play and you could use those as a base to glue the stuff onto… or you could do your own homegrown stuff too 🙂

I had the very first printing of HoN, which had some errors. I got the errata fixed, but kept the erroneous pieces in case I need them for a print and play 🙂

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Missed opportunity/wasted space? posté le [27/02/2019] à 12:49

I used some of those "wasted" tiles to do a randomizer counters for my forces. I put an extra sticker (since I got 2 of each sticker and only needed 1 to put on the storage boxes)on behind the counter, so that I can identify which squad/mob the counter is for.

Now I can put some counters on a bag and draw a random counter to see, for example, which squad/mob enters the game via a drop pod or something.

This was just to get some use for those extra counters with very nice symbols on them.

I play a lot of the HoN D-Day scenario bag and like the random arrival of the attacking forces. Some day I will do something similar to the HoBR game.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Missed opportunity/wasted space? posté le [28/02/2019] à 20:22

Wish I thought of that … consider the idea 'borrowed'…… 😛

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it

Pages : 1