Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2
P500 - Poll
P500 - Poll posté le [12/03/2019] à 19:06

I'm going to go out on a limb here… Regarding scenarios, and especially regarding maps that go along with them, I was wondering if anyone had ever thought of doing something with a Nazi castle or French chateau? So many great fictional sources have this kind of setting (Where Eagles Dare, The Dirty Dozen, even Castle Wolfenstein…), some of it based on actual events such as the Battle for Castle Itter.

I would absolutely love to have maps along the lines of a Nazi stronghold exterior and interior, multiple castle floors, perhaps even tiles representing various sections or wings of the castle that could be rearranged. I'm just drooling thinking of the scenarios that might be played, from the expected stealth mission to rescue VIP prisoners or steal Nazi treasure, to a standard battle across interior & exterior scenes, to an Alamo-style standoff of Germans against outnumbering Allied forces at the tail end of the war.

P500 - Poll posté le [12/03/2019] à 20:04

I would want:

South Lancashire.

Millers Rangers.

Steiner Kampfgruppe.

Scenario Compendium.

New Maps for extra custom scenario options.

I dont think bringing out HoS expansions makes sense when we still havent received the main game yet.

I also personally view the HoBR to be a bad idea (i wonder if it didnt contribute to DPG's financial problems) so my view is that they should shelve it in favour of the historical games – but thats just my view.:)

P500 - Poll posté le [12/03/2019] à 21:17

While I'm spitballing ideas for new Heroes products, I've come up with something fairly ambitious but which could be quite cost effective for DPG. Keep in mind that they've already released several Battleground sets, and Scenario packs featuring buildings and other interesting terrain. Why not then create a WWI expansion which can use these elements? As a P500 item I imagine it should do well, since it would be marketed to people who are already fans of the WWII game and presumably have already picked up some of the other expansions, and are already fans of 20th century combat gaming.

Call it Heroes of Ypres or some such thing; include units not just for WWI infantry, but horse cavalry and these new devices called tanks; add rules for heavier use of off-board artillery, smoke, and gas. It would have to focus on breakthrough attacks rather than trench stalemates, but I think it would be a more welcome addition than other historical periods, science fiction, or fantasy at this point. Just my opinion, of course!

(As an aside, from what I can tell, Black Reach sales are lagging a bit. The game has been available in the U.S. for less than six months, and I'm already seeing it marked on sale for 33% off of retail. Not sure what the causes behind the price reductions are, though.)

P500 - Poll posté le [12/03/2019] à 21:37

Quote from Bokrug on [12/03/2019] à 21:17

(As an aside, from what I can tell, Black Reach sales are lagging a bit. The game has been available in the U.S. for less than six months, and I'm already seeing it marked on sale for 33% off of retail. Not sure what the causes behind the price reductions are, though.)

I question the role on line sellers have in those "lagging" retailer sales. When I see games hit day one with 20% to 30% below MSR on Amazon and places like Miniature Market ho ware the old FLGS to keep up? Even eBay offers new still in shrink on day one with 20% or more off. On line sellers have set the pace so much that mom and pop stores have to make hard choices and often do not even order some new items.

Sorry for the off topic post, but it is something I have discussed with the local FLGS often.

Member of the « Cult of the Inexisting New » – Thanks bartdevuyst

P500 - Poll posté le [13/03/2019] à 00:04

I think that Bokrug has a great idea. I would love to see a castle from Where Eagles Dare and some kind of documents or rescue mission(s).

I would also welcome more modular tiles with mountains and buildings.

As a customer, I am primarily interested in HoN and HoS. WWI or HoBR is not something that I am interested in at all. WWI is an important time period in history but I have no interest in it compared to WWII. I also think that the age demographics for the people who buy HoN is geared more toward WWII.

One other game mechanic that I have not seen yet in the heroes system is spies. Still have to figure out how this would work, but some missions with spies could be interesting and fun.

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

P500 - Poll posté le [13/03/2019] à 00:43

I recently started watching Network National Geographic WWII's Greatest Raids.

Each episode covers an operation during the Second World War. Through a reconstruction and interviews with experts on tactics and weapons, the operation is discussed.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4148038/episodes?season=1&ref_=tt_eps_sn_1

Here are five more P500 projects for HoN:

Rangers Lead the WayPointe Du Hoc Expansion.

US Army Rangers spearhead the biggest amphibious landing in history – the allied Invasion of France. They must conquer vertical cliffs before taking on the determined enemy. Then destroy the guns that threaten to blow the Allied fleet out of the water.

Mountain Massacre

The Black Devils, a joint US-Canadian elite mountain warfare unit, are about to go into action. They must mount a do-or-die night-time assault up a treacherous mountain, in extreme weather, to take on heavily-entrenched battle hardened German defenses.

Hitlers Last Bridge

A brave band of regular GI's are tasked with saving the last bridge and final gateway to the Third Reich. The bridge is bristling with German guns loaded with explosives. Worse, the enemy plan to destroy the bridge if the American unit assaults it.

Strike from the SkyHeroes of Normandie: Pegasus Bridge.

British light infantry must crash land by glider in Northern France then take and hold two key bridges in the hands of a heavily armed enemy.

Sas vs. Rommel

The SAS launches a daring raid behind enemy lines on a German airfield in the Sahara Desert. If they succeed in destroying Rommel's supply planes, their action could turn the tide of war and allow the British to drive the Germans out of North Africa.

Commando Do or Die

British commandos attempt a head-on amphibious assault against a heavily-defended enemy port. Their mission: to take out the dock facilities of St.Nazaire, before they become a base for Germany's biggest battleship.

P500 - Poll posté le [13/03/2019] à 01:12

Quote from slyfox on [13/03/2019] à 00:04

One other game mechanic that I have not seen yet in the heroes system is spies. Still have to figure out how this would work, but some missions with spies could be interesting and fun.

Go check out the French Militia Project thread, page 3. They have a unit they call the mole that is an interesting mechanic. could be similar to how a spy is used maybe.

P500 - Poll posté le [13/03/2019] à 01:18

Quote from dafrca on [13/03/2019] à 01:12

Quote from slyfox on [13/03/2019] à 00:04

Go check out the French Militia Project thread, page 3. They have a unit they call the mole that is an interesting mechanic. could be similar to how a spy is used maybe.

Don't want to see it on page 3. I want to see French Militia Project on page 1 of the next HoN P500 project. 😎

P500 - Poll posté le [13/03/2019] à 03:06

Quote from slyfox on [13/03/2019] à 01:18

Don't want to see it on page 3. I want to see French Militia Project on page 1 of the next HoN P500 project. 😎

And the Slyfox swings it back on topic. :mrgreen:

P500 - Poll posté le [14/03/2019] à 13:35

I just watched National Geographic WWII's Greatest Raids episode 3 "Hitlers Last Bridge" last night and I think that this would be an awesome scenario for HoN. Maybe this can go into a compendium scenario book.

I posted this earlier but here is the description:

"A brave band of regular GI's are tasked with saving the last bridge and final gateway to the Third Reich. The bridge is bristling with German guns loaded with explosives. Worse, the enemy plan to destroy the bridge if the American unit assaults it."

The Ludendorff Bridge was in early March 1945 one of two remaining bridges across the river Rhine in Germany when it was captured during the Battle of Remagen by United States Army forces during the closing weeks of World War II.

P500 - Poll posté le [14/03/2019] à 16:17

Read your history books, boys. There are hundreds of historical actions that, with a little work, can be adapted into scenarios. Everyone I have ran into that plays this game is a WW2 buff, knows all sorts of obscure facts about the war and probably has read stacks of books about it. Try fitting some of your favorite stories into the game. Slyfox has made some great suggestions. On a further note, a compendium of scenarios would be really great. Rules for spies and espionage would also be fantastic and would take the Hero System in a completely new direction, almost like a game within the game.

Pages : 1 2