Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2 3
Tournaments and Organized Play
Tournaments and Organized Play posté le [10/03/2019] à 16:39

I would like to promote HoN in Toronto. There is a small group of people that I can organize together for an event in Toronto. There are also a few people from the US who are interested to drive to Toronto to play the game.

The problem is that we have no support in English to promote the game. Can you please provide (preferably on the website for everyone) the following:

1. Proper print dimensions for tournament maps

• Martyrs' Square – 89cm x 75cm

• Selonge Forest – 110cm x 70cm

• Countryside – ?

• City – ?

• Official links to download the high resolution print files?

2. Tournament rules in English.

3. Scenarios for the tournament maps in English. I know that @bartdevuyst is in the process of translating the scenarios. Maybe DPG can cooperate with him to make an official file?

4. Is there an actual section on the website to download the tournament maps? I could not find them. I got them from BoardGameGeek.com forum.

I also play Star Wars Imperial Assault where FFG provides quarterly tournament kits to promote organized play, it would be nice to have something similar for HoN. Maybe we can get some kind of tournament kit once per year? Some kind of small prize as an incentive for people to come out and play.

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

Tournaments and Organized Play posté le [10/03/2019] à 20:42

I will answer tomorrow 😉

Tournaments and Organized Play posté le [10/03/2019] à 21:23

Quote from slyfox on [10/03/2019] à 16:39

I would like to promote HoN in Toronto.

This is great that you are doing this. I would love to hear how it goes and what you do for game tokens etc. Do you end up using your collection or do you buy an used copy of a game?

Good Luck. :mrgreen:

Member of the « Cult of the Inexisting New » – Thanks bartdevuyst

Tournaments and Organized Play posté le [10/03/2019] à 22:05

Great idee!! I hope you find more players there, this way.

Zijn er ook nerderlandse spelers onder ons? Omgeving nijmegen, uden, enz.

Tournaments and Organized Play posté le [12/03/2019] à 12:48

Very cool! I'm curious to see how it plays out. Maybe I can steal your idea and see if I can get a session together at our local games store 🙂

Tournaments and Organized Play posté le [16/03/2019] à 13:25

Quote from gduprez on [10/03/2019] à 20:42

I will answer tomorrow 😉

Bump 😯

Tournaments and Organized Play posté le [24/03/2019] à 21:50

Can you perhaps share the print size for the maps. If I know the print size I can look out for 50% off deal from a local pruning company to print the mats for the upcoming tournament.

The rules and scenario can be posted a bit later if you are busy at the moment.

We plan to have an event in May or June depending on when we get a reply from you about the rules and scenarios.

Tournaments and Organized Play posté le [24/03/2019] à 23:46

Quick translation of the tournament rules

1. bla bla

2. bla bla

3. Don't cheat, steal or punch other people or you'll get ban from tournaments and some blabla

4. Players are required to come with some material to the tournament :

– The detail of the army or armies you plan to play (army lists).

– the detail of the deck(s) you intend to play (deck lists)

– Tokens to play you army(ies) : units, recruitment tiles but also things like ammo tokens, artillerie template, etc …

Til then, all tournament have been played with the following format :

– 250 pts army points at most per armies.

– 4 units activated each turn (either by orders or capacities other than cards).

Detail of the previous rule. Classical armies are allowed to have at most 4 orders (meaning orders 1-2-3-4 and the bluff token). If you have more orders available in your army, you only take 4 orders. Having more orders only allows you to lose orders and still have 4 at the begining of the turn. If you have a special order in your army, it count toward the number of order you can have (so you'll have bluff, special, 1-2-3 probably). If you have an autonomous unit, same thing but you still place your 4 numerical orders (example : I have 4 orders and clint. I place my orders and bluff. If during my turn, i don't use clint, i can activate my 4 orders. If i activate clint, then i can't activate my 4th order. And no, you can't choose another order, it has to be the last order available that is forfeited). Cards like tactician or high command doesn't count toward the number of order so if I play Tactician AND high command and have 4 orders, i'll place the bluff, special, 1-2-3-4-5 tokens and play them. Reactive fire (card and special ability) doesn't count toward the activation count.

You can play FFI units in either armies (yes, even germans)

5. Don't be a dick, know the rules, don't insult people

6. Referees too, don't be dicks, be impartial and know the game at least as much as your players else you'll be considered as a donkey.

7. Head referee is god, he can appoint half gods but he has to do everything to ensure the tournament goes smoothly.

8. The organizer of the tournament, well, organize. Don't forget too many things, speak with Gduprez cause, you know, he is the man.

9. blabla, you won't have national television anyway.

10. don't be a dick.

11. blabla

12. If you don't like the decision of a half god, you can call god. If god says you're wrong, you're wrong.

13. blabla

14. blabla but if players could know the map on wich they are playing, would be nice.

15. Random player starts

16. Shuffle cards

17. blabla

18. Don't trade rewards or anything for a win or a loss. You're here to play and crush your ennemies damn it !!

19. blabla

20. Players aren't allowed to receive help or advices during their games. You registered alone, you play alone.

21. don't gamble on the tournament.

22. bla bla

23. blabla

24 . 8 players minimum

25 : 4-6 players : 3 rounds (wich goes against previous statement … hate myself)

7-16 players : 4 rounds

17-32 players : 5 rounds

26 : It's a bit tricky cause it's a set of rules that have been ignored in the past tournaments … So i'll only translate the part that was applied in tournaments.

Games have to be between a german army and an allied army (commonwealth or US). If the tournament require the players to have 2 armies then the organizer has to make each player plays as evenly as possible with both armies. In the case of a 4 rounds tournaments, 2 rounds with each armies.

27 : a round is 1 hour of play. 15 minutes between rounds to prepare the tables and give time to the players to reach their tables is nice. IF neither players completed the victory conditions at the end of the official time, then finish the current turn and their game ends at the end of the supply phase, check victory conditions. End. If neither won, it's a draw.

28. IF you forgot to use an ability that would have helped you, too late, you can't go back. Well, you can if your opponent agrees. But then dude, better pay him a drink at the end.

29. IF you use a swiss rounds system (not sure of the translation, the french term is "ronde suisse", if you have a more accurate translation, tell me, i'll edit) for your tournament, use the following system to establish the rankings :

– Victory by objectives : 3 points

– Victory by complete elimination of your opponent : 2 points

– Draw : 1 point

– Loss : 0 point

If 2 players have the same amount of points in the ranking, the players with the most victories by objectives is ranked above. If there are still ties, it's the total value of destroyed recruitment tiles and options of their opponents.

Meaning that after a game, organizer have to keep track of who the winner is, how he won and the value of tiles and options destroyed.

There is a final way in case of a tie with option values but honnestly, it never happens.

IF you destroy every order available to your opponent, he loses the game. It count as a victory by elimination for you.

30. If you're an odd number of player, the organizer, a god or half god is allowed to play but can't compete for the rewards.

31. You can play any product yet delivered but you can't play 3 Wittmann cause only 1 exists in the HoN collection. You can play several ammo options cause this option exists in several HoN products. Shadows over normandie is forbidden and if you plays orks and space marines, we'll see it and send stompas to get them out of your game.

Exclusive products and some other elements are banned from tournaments :

– FFI (kickstarter)

– Miller’s rangers (kickstarter)

– Steiner kampfgruppe (kickstarter)

– « AchtungMinen » (Gazette n°1)

– Achtung ! Cthulhu (kickstarter)

– Dust (kickstarter)

– Kelly’s Heroes (kickstarter)

– Pointe du Hoc (kickstarter)

– Devil Boy (kickstarter)

– Guardian’s chronicles

32 . official products only, no copies.

33. be smart, like any other card game, play with clean of sleeved cards so that your cards backs can't be recognized.

34. blabla

35. bla bla

36 last blabla.

Might not be 100% acurate but most of the information is there.

Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, but brains saves both. Erwin Rommel

Tournaments and Organized Play posté le [25/03/2019] à 00:22

Cool 😀 thanks for the quick translation.

I just need the map print size and scenarios.

It would be nice if DPG could post the actual high resolution print file and size for Countryside map and the City map.

Tournaments and Organized Play posté le [25/03/2019] à 09:07

In most tournaments, we had something to determine deployment sides and initiative on first round. Works well.

Each player roll a dice. The one winning the dice roll either chose initiative or deployment sides. the loser chooses the other. Important to notice, choosing initiative doesn't mandatory means that you have the initiative, you can choose to give the initiative on the first round to your opponent so he deploys first and you can react.

As tournaments maps aren't 100% symetrical, deployment sides can also give you a small advantage depending on what you're playing.

Tournaments and Organized Play posté le [25/03/2019] à 09:37

OPJH 2018 Scenario 1 – La forêt de Selonge (The forest of Selonge)

2 – Army recuitment

blabla, see tournament rules

3- Preparation

To determine first player and deployment side, see previous post.

Place 5 stock piles (2 german, 2 allied, 1 neutral) as shown on the map. The 2 closest stockpiles belongs to your army, the one in the center is neutral. They are placed on their hidden side.

Player with initiative deploys first.

Each player draws 4 cards.

4 – The game

6 turns.

The hidden capacity of the stockpiles is the same as HoN units. You don't have to reveal one of your own stockpile if one of your units come in range but you can do it if you want. You can't voluntarly reveal one of your stockpiles if you don't have units that could do it. Neutral stockpile is reveal if a unit of either players meets the requirments.

Both players gets the advantages of the spockpile ammo bearer capacity. A unit cannot enter a square occupied by a stockpile.

To control a stockpile, a player must be the only one to have units in one of the 8 square beside the stockpile. If both players have unit, no one control the stockpile.

At the end of the game point are awarded as such :

– Control one of your own stockpile : 1 point

– Control a neutral or opponent stockpile : 2 points

– Having destroyed a neutral or opponent stockpile : 1 point

– 6 victory conditions

The player with the most points wins the game. In case of a tie, the player with the most standard victory points wins the game (the ones you get by destroying units, compendium p.34)

OPJH 2018 Scenario 2 – La place des martyrs (martyrs square)

2 – Army recuitment

blabla, see tournament rules

3- Preparation

To determine first player and deployment side, see previous post.

Player with initiative deploys first.

Each player draws 4 cards.

4 – The game

6 turns.

During the first 2 turns, the meteorological conditions are fog or mist (don't know the official translation). Then, normal.

Objective is to control the most ruins. Each former building is an objective whatever its size. to control a ruin, a player must be the only one to have units in it. At the end of the game, points are awarded as such :

– Control one of the 4 ruins on your side of the board : 1 point per ruin.

– Control one of the 4 ruins on your opponent side or in the central area : 2 points per ruin.

– 6 victory conditions

The player with the most points wins the game. In case of a tie, the player with the most standard victory points wins the game (the ones you get by destroying units, compendium p.34)

Tournaments and Organized Play posté le [25/03/2019] à 09:46

Finally, for more equity, as the number of standard victory points you army has has a small importance, a final small thing to take into account. Basically, when you destroy a recruitment tile or option you get as victory points, it's value divided by 10. So 250 armies should all yield around 25 points. But as rounding always gives you less and high command yield no victory points. An army with 25 VP (victory points) could face an army with far less, like 10. In that case it's far harder for the first army to score VP than the second .

So, when you count VP, you have a small operation to make

Final VP score = (VP you scored on your opponent army)x25 / (total VP of your opponent army)

reminder : this is only used if there is a tie with scenario victory points.

Tournaments and Organized Play posté le [25/03/2019] à 09:52

there are also special rules for the city map because some squares are not on the same grid as others. A bit like the buildings squares.

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/ADJ-FR-Printing-File-1.pdf

I'll translate them if i find a bit more courage. Also, these would be the same rules in Heroes of stalingrad so if stalingrad is available before your tournament, i won't have to translate them :p.

Tournaments and Organized Play posté le [25/03/2019] à 10:05

The game aid explaining Offset Grid Squares, as seen in Heroes of Stalingrad, is available for download in English already. :mrgreen:

Download rules for Offset Grid Squares.

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

Tournaments and Organized Play posté le [16/05/2019] à 03:36

I cleaned up the tournament rules. What do you think?

General Tournament Rules

Armies

Players are required to come with some material to the tournament:

– Army list – your army list and points.

– Deck list – list of cards in your deck unless you are bringing all the cards.

– Tokens to play you army: units, recruitment tiles, ammo tokens, artillery template, etc …

General Tournament Format

Army size is limited to 250 points.

Four units activated each turn (either by orders or capacities other than cards).

Armies are allowed to have at most 4 orders (meaning orders 1-2-3-4 and the bluff token). If you have more orders available in your army, you only take 4 orders. Having more orders only allows you to lose orders and still have 4 at the beginning of the turn. If you have a special order in your army, it count toward the number of order you can have (so you'll have bluff, special, 1-2-3 probably). If you have an autonomous unit, same thing but you still place your 4 numerical orders (example : I have 4 orders and Clint. I place my orders and bluff. If during my turn, I don't use Clint, I can activate my 4 orders. If I activate Clint, then I can't activate my 4th order. And no, you can't choose another order, it has to be the last order available that is forfeited). Cards like tactician or high command doesn't count toward the number of order so if I play Tactician AND high command and have 4 orders, i'll place the bluff, special, 1-2-3-4-5 tokens and play them. Reactive fire (card and special ability) doesn't count toward the activation count.

You can play FFI units in either armies (yes, even germans)

Be gentlemen, know the rules, and respect other players.

Tournament organizer is responsible for knowing the rules of the game and issuing a ruling in case the players have a disagreement. On rare occasion there could be a decision with which you may not agree, please respect the ruling.

At the beginning of the game, players determine the initiative by rolling two dice. The player with the highest number takes the initiative and chooses the side of deployment.

Shuffle your cards before play. Your opponent has the right to cut your deck if he requested to do so.

Remember fair play and take it easy. Everyone has gathered to have fun.

Players are not allowed to ask for help or advices during their game.

Number of roads depends on the number of players:

– 4-6 players – 3 rounds

– 7-16 players – 4 rounds

Rounds are 65 minutes long with sufficient setup time in-between the rounds.

If neither player has victory after the time runs out follow these steps:

1. Activate your remaining units.

2. Supply phase.

3. Check victory conditions.

4. If neither player is victorious, calculate the points of the defeated units. The player with the higher score wins.

5. If the number of points is the same for both players, the game ends as a draw.

If you forgot to use an ability you cannot use go back. You may ask your opponent for a permission to go back and correct what you have forgotten. However, your opponent can deny your request. Relax and pay attention to what you are doing before you do it.

Swiss rounds:

– Victory by objectives: 3 points

– Victory by complete elimination of your opponent : 2 points

– Draw: 1 point

– Loss: 0 point

If two players have the same number points in the ranking, the players with the most victories by objectives is on top. If there are still ties, it's the total value of destroyed recruitment tiles and options of their opponents.

Keep track of your wins and loses; winning conditions, and opponent tiles destroyed. Submit your results to the tournament organizer.

Duplicate units are not allowed. For example, you cannot have two Clint heroes if the game has only one.

Exclusive products are not allowed:

– FFI (kickstarter)

– Miller’s rangers (kickstarter)

– Steiner kampfgruppe (kickstarter)

– "AchtungMinen" (Gazette n°1)

– Achtung! Cthulhu (kickstarter)

– Dust (kickstarter)

– Kelly’s Heroes (kickstarter)

– Pointe du Hoc (kickstarter)

– Devil Boy (kickstarter)

– Guardian’s chronicles

Tournaments and Organized Play posté le [16/05/2019] à 03:38

@Anacreon

I am going through the rules and cleaning them up to share with other players.

Selonge Forest

Place 5 stock piles (2 german, 2 allied, 1 neutral) as shown on the map. The 2 closest stockpiles belongs to your army, the one in the center is neutral. They are placed on their hidden side.

Where exactly on the map are they? I don't see "as shown on the map."

Tournaments and Organized Play posté le [19/05/2019] à 22:27

It seems like a set-up map for the scenario is missing from the materials?

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
    Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Tournaments and Organized Play posté le [03/06/2019] à 02:47

For those of you who are interested, here are the unofficial English tournament files:

Martyrs’ Square (Tournament Map) PDF – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zW7KM5wCmGkgrPh_-5op1fYcwUc67Xvm/view

Selonge Forest (Tournament Map) PDF – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_g0-elsLqk2UdPn1jxd-YmoCfwn2Mcgs/view?usp=sharing

Tournaments and Organized Play posté le [03/06/2019] à 09:53

It looks good, Slyfox. 😎

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

Tournaments and Organized Play posté le [14/06/2019] à 04:19

Need confirmation and clarification.

My experience with skirmish and tournament games is limited to Star Wars Imperial Assault. You assemble a list with command cards and bring it to the tournament. Thus, you can see Vader vs Vader on the map.

In HoN, it looks like there is a historical restriction. A player with a GE army list cannot play against another player with GE army list.

1. Players are required to bring minimum two lists one of which has to be Axis and the other can be US, Commonwealth, or Soviet?

2. Axis cannot play against Axis.

3. US cannot play against soviet or commonwealth?

4. A player can bring four lists: GE, US, Commonwealth, and Soviet. A player can then choose which army to play depending on the initiative.

5. A player can choose which list to play before the match.

6. Country is determined by the initiative. Players roll for initiative and the payer who has the initiative choose which list he wants to play, the other player then chooses an opposite side. For example, player one has the initiative and chooses to play with a commonwealth army. Player two has to play with a GE army list.

7. Players are limited to one list per faction. Thus, you can only have one GE list.

Pages : 1 2 3