Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
Couple more for the veterans!
Couple more for the veterans! posté le [08/05/2019] à 15:43

Played a couple more games this weekend and had some observations.

#1- HoBR has far fewer chances for opportunity fire than HoN. I would personally like if there was a command upgrade like in HoN and also SoN. Or perhaps some terrain that allowed it like in HoN. This is particularly important for units that are just setting in the back firing in support, such as mortars or other artillery. They need to be able to fire whenever something presents a target. If a unit is unlimbered and told to shoot at anything they see, it is kind of annoying that I have to give them an order every bloody turn in order to just keep doing what they were already set up to do. In HON the 88 and several other units have this ability. Not so in HoBR. I need my orders for units leading the attack, not some rear echelon support guy too stupid to keep firing!

#2- I understand how the barricades rules work and how they block LOS and all. But I am wondering if grenades thrown over the barricades might not get a penalty. In the compendium I seem to remember reading that grenades can be thrown even in to spaces out of LOS. If you think about someone standing behind a barricade and then a grenade is thrown over that barricade and bounces off the back wall- perhaps it should negate the -2 LOS penalty for firing (throwing?) over the barricade?

#3- I am still not sure how vehicle zone of controls are supposed to work. Currently my interpretation is that the vehicle ignores ZOC and enemy units ignore ZOC during movement. The only time vehicle ZOC seems to come in to play is when a unit is forced to retreat, in which case the vehicle can block that retreat.

Couple more for the veterans! posté le [08/05/2019] à 18:57

I am unclear why veterans are being called to your thread if it is observations, but let's take a look.

Quote from kenofyork on [08/05/2019] à 15:43

#1- HoBR has far fewer chances for opportunity fire than HoN.

The HoBR core box has more than the HoN core box had when it was first released.

#3- I am still not sure how vehicle zone of controls are supposed to work. Currently my interpretation is that the vehicle ignores ZOC and enemy units ignore ZOC during movement. The only time vehicle ZOC seems to come in to play is when a unit is forced to retreat, in which case the vehicle can block that retreat.

Ok, this one is not an observation and actually a question 😉

To be perfectly frank, I have no idea why Vehicles have a ZoC at all. Originally in HoN they did not. The ZoC of a vehicle certainly does not do much.

HoBR Rules, p. 7

Light and Heavy Vehicles also have a ZoC, however, their ZoC has no effect on the movement of enemy Units.

"Enemy Units" includes enemy Vehicles. So if a ZoC has no effect, then why does it exist?

Regardless, since a Vehicle's ZoC does not affect enemy movement it should not have any impact on an Assault. A Forced Move is still a movement, even if it does not trigger things that normally trigger off of a Movement Action. Vehicle ZoC says it does not affect enemy movement, not just enemy movement actions.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Couple more for the veterans! posté le [08/05/2019] à 19:23

#2- I understand how the barricades rules work and how they block LOS and all. But I am wondering if grenades thrown over the barricades might not get a penalty. In the compendium I seem to remember reading that grenades can be thrown even in to spaces out of LOS. If you think about someone standing behind a barricade and then a grenade is thrown over that barricade and bounces off the back wall- perhaps it should negate the -2 LOS penalty for firing (throwing?) over the barricade?

IIRC, Grenades do not suffer LoS penalties from Obstacles and such on their attacks. They are thrown OVER the Terrain Element. If they were affected by the LoS modifiers of a terrain element then they could not be thrown over something like a hedgerow at all, since that LoS modifier prevents an attack in the first place.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Couple more for the veterans! posté le [08/05/2019] à 19:36

Thanks!

So grenades get thrown over things. Nice.

Vehicle ZOC really does nothing. Curious.

I still want a Brandenburg option for Op-fire, but maybe i played way too much Squad Leader in the past 😳 .

Couple more for the veterans! posté le [09/05/2019] à 09:38

For now, in HoBR opportunity fire is only possible with the three cards that give units the Overwatch special ability.

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

Couple more for the veterans! posté le [09/05/2019] à 14:36

Taking advantage of the opportunity I will ask a question (opportunistic question).

What if a grenade targets the interspace with a barricade? Does it ignore it? The rulebook says that indirect fire ignores obstacles and barricade is an obstacle (if I remember correctly), but on the other hand, the blast template is centred on the barricade and under obstacles section, the rulebook says that: if a template (not a flamethrower template) is placed on a terrain element that is between two squares the penalty is applied to units and structures located on both sides of the terrain element.

However, if grenade targeting the interspace with a barricade suffers a penalty than in many instances it would be impossible to throw a grenade over a barricade because one space further is another barricade. So if you would like to target a unit between two barricades with a grenade you have to place the template over the barricade.

Pages : 1