Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
"Hidden" clarifications
"Hidden" clarifications posté le [06/06/2019] à 23:42

I posted this over on BGG but I figured it might get more attention here:

OK, so we played a few games last night and after the first one we tried out using the Fog of War rules (Hidden units). But we ran into some questions.

1) It says if an enemy unit moves adjacent, you have to reveal hidden units. But is the enemy unit also revealed (if it was hidden)? Or is it better to be the one moving and thus preserve your hidden status? Terrain make any difference in this case?

2) The rules also state that when being shot at, the unit is flipped over. But then says if shot at, it gets the 'hidden' status's save. I'm assuming the latter overrides the former?

For the first point, here is the relevant rule:

– If an enemy Unit Card makes a move into a box adjacent to a hidden Unit

Card, the hidden Unit Card is turned faceup and made visible.

Which is what sort of implies that the unit doing the movement is not revealed.

Also under 'How to become Visible' is this:

– If it is the target of a Shooting attack, it is turned over

But then the next section is this:

Firing upon a Hidden Unit Card

If a hidden Unit Card is fired upon, it always has a save value of 6.

So if it's turned over when shot per the How to become Visible entry, it's no longer 'hidden'. And this would only occur for units that are shot at a range greater than 1 anyways since moving adjacent would have revealed the unit before shooting it, correct?

And to further muddle things lol, here is the rule for the terrain entry for Forests:

A Unit Card that arrives in a forest as a reinforcement is deployed facedown and hidden, even if they are adjacent to an enemy Unit Card.

So that implies that simply being adjacent to an opposing unit does not necessarily reveal the unit…

Any help appreciated!

"Hidden" clarifications posté le [10/06/2019] à 10:14

1) It says if an enemy unit moves adjacent, you have to reveal hidden units. But is the enemy unit also revealed (if it was hidden)? Or is it better to be the one moving and thus preserve your hidden status? Terrain make any difference in this case?

A friendly unit hidden who move is not revealed but can reveal an adjacent enemy unit if it fired on it or move adjacent to it.

2) The rules also state that when being shot at, the unit is flipped over. But then says if shot at, it gets the 'hidden' status's save. I'm assuming the latter overrides the former?

first case:

the friendly unit fires on an hidden enemy unit : save 6+ and after the enemy unit is revealed

second case :

the friendly unit moves adjacent to an hidden enemy unit : the enemy is revealed. The friendly unit fires on the enemy unit: no save

"Hidden" clarifications posté le [11/06/2019] à 17:33

Thanks much for the clarifications!

Pages : 1