Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2 3
[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One
[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One posté le [19/06/2019] à 20:53

Quote from bartdevuyst on [19/06/2019] à 20:51

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [19/06/2019] à 20:49

Before someone mentions it: The Field Command is missing the 200+ army restriction on purpose. At least, if I am reading the Francophone forums correctly.

Indeed, see my post above from earlier today. 🙂

Yeah, stuff was coming out so fast I was busy checking card text and missed it. Thanks for being on top of updates for the English-language forums!

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One posté le [19/06/2019] à 21:00

I sent in some comments about differences between the HoN and HoS cards… the HoS cards were compared against the Compendium updates, so hopefully the cards can be updated to that standard. It would also keep the games more compliant 🙂

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One posté le [19/06/2019] à 21:14

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [19/06/2019] à 20:53

Quote from bartdevuyst on [19/06/2019] à 20:51

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [19/06/2019] à 20:49

Before someone mentions it: The Field Command is missing the 200+ army restriction on purpose. At least, if I am reading the Francophone forums correctly.

Indeed, see my post above from earlier today. 🙂

Yeah, stuff was coming out so fast I was busy checking card text and missed it. Thanks for being on top of updates for the English-language forums!

Fully agree! Thanks for your good eye Bart!!

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One posté le [19/06/2019] à 23:34

Quote from yann on [19/06/2019] à 19:49

The US Decks V2 :

Don’t Stop” is not clear.

At which point do you toll a die, before your move, after you complete the movement, or for every difficult passage a vehicle entered?

Go! Go! Go!” – is the text font size smaller on this card?

Opportunistic Fire” has been updated. You can now shoot after the other player made a shot. V1 card allows to shoot only during the other player’s movement but not after a shot.

Bogged Down” – what is a ground element?

Burst Into Action” – as in V1, this card applies to vehicles as well?

"Ram has been replaced with "Hit and Run ?

No more Sneaky Shot card?

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One posté le [20/06/2019] à 01:14

Quote from slyfox on [19/06/2019] à 23:34

Don’t Stop” is not clear.

When you play the card, resolve its parts in order — move the unit then roll the die. It is a pretty consistent way to deal with ANY card that grants you actions.

Opportunistic Fire” has been updated. You can now shoot after the other player made a shot. V1 card allows to shoot only during the other player’s movement but not after a shot.

"Activation of an enemy unit" includes both movement and firing, as they are both things done during activation. It even includes during their use of an Opportunity fire during one of your unit's activations.

Bogged Down” – what is a ground element?

terrain element. "Terrain" and "ground" being two ways to communicate the same concept. Translation error.

Burst Into Action” – as in V1, this card applies to vehicles as well?

Isn't your vehicle a unit?

No more Sneaky Shot card?

The deck is reduced from 76 cards to 50. There are going to be some cards that don't make the cut. However, given the new version of Speed Setup, that is not really an issue.

Some of the lost cards were the Aircraft and Airstrike cards, but that does not account for all the cards missing.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One posté le [20/06/2019] à 03:36

Bart or Nostra, can you please inform Yann?

Bogged Down” – ground element should be changed to terrain element for consistency.

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One posté le [20/06/2019] à 05:23

Don't worry about it… this is not our first rodeo. :mrgreen:

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One posté le [20/06/2019] à 07:27

Nitpicking, but the "Buy war bonds" text almost seems like a title off the card. "what the heck are war bonds and why can I buy them? I just want to capture that objective!"

I know the poster is designed like this. But the woman "we can do this" has the text above the poster. That would be a nice adjustment for the war bonds poster.

Again! Nitpicking here 🙂

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One posté le [20/06/2019] à 08:43

When the original core box came out (and that first wave of expansions), DPG had not thought of the mechanics of NCOs. Those were developed around the time of the Strategic Resupply, and so got incorporated into most latter expansion forces. A special retro-fit board was made in a Gazette that could be used to bring the first-wave stuff up to speed, but that was a limited print run.

I really like the concept of NCOs, so I would advocate for their inclusion in the core box forces. It could easily be done just as it was for some other platoons like Easy Company — a squad with an NCO in it. That would ensure ALL the V2.0 troops have NCOs, because the 4th/7th/1stPz certainly do and they are the current "in print" expansions. It does not add a lot of complexity to the game, although it does allow a player to last a bit longer if they lose their officer but still have an NCO alive. I don't think that would break any of the scenarios in the core box.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One posté le [20/06/2019] à 09:58

Reported another list of errors. You can check them from this post on in the French thread if you like.

Submitted a query about the Limited Arc icons of the MG Nest too. Well spotted!

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One posté le [20/06/2019] à 16:15

Can't seem to find Rex the dog…

Has the pet been forgotten or is that scenario no longer part of the Core box?

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One posté le [20/06/2019] à 16:18

Quote from Moomer on [20/06/2019] à 16:15

I read somewhere that some scenarios will be reused and other new ones will be added…

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One posté le [20/06/2019] à 18:53

Given all of the confusion around the "A/I" for Rex, I would not be surprised if that scenario was dropped 😉

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One posté le [21/06/2019] à 12:15

Why have the new units no anti air like the new German troops flak 38?

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One posté le [22/06/2019] à 19:16

Latest edition of the boards

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One posté le [24/06/2019] à 15:29

Quote from Moomer on [20/06/2019] à 16:15

Yann mentioned a different scenario booklet for V2. Might contain ALL new scenarios.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One posté le [27/06/2019] à 09:09

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [22/06/2019] à 19:16

Latest edition of the boards

Wow… What product is this ? I cant find it in the shop page…

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One posté le [27/06/2019] à 09:35

Hi Ivan, these are previews for the new, upcoming edition of the core box for Heroes of Normandie. Let's call it version 2.0.

It's unreleased with no announced launch date. You can participate with us, the rest of the community, and spot errors, if there are any left. 😉

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One posté le [27/06/2019] à 20:22

Ivan,

Sorry if 'Core Box' is a bit too "HoN fanboy" 😉

The Core Box is the base game. As Bart mentioned, this is a new edition of the core box that is updated to the V2.0 Heroes System Tactical Scale rules system.

HSTS is the core mechanics used in Heroes of Normandie as well as Heroes of Stalingrad, Shadows over Normandie, and Heroes of Black Reach.

There have been a fair number of changes since the original V1.0 Core Box, so DPG is updating it to the new standard.

Pages : 1 2 3