Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2
[PREVIEW][V2.X] Commonwealth Blister Pack
[PREVIEW][V2.X] Commonwealth Blister Pack posté le [19/06/2019] à 16:57

Yann posted the first news about about the Commonwealth in 2.0. Below is his post, translated from French.

Next up in the line of previews for 2.0 seems to be a new blister pack or box for the Commonwealth, including the new 50-card deck of Action Cards, Order Tokens, and Dice.

On the little punchboard will be a Field Command Tile (just like in the core box) and some Recruitment Options.

Together with a few other punchboards, it should be possible to start playing with the English.

If you have any ideas or things you'd love to see, now is the time to share!

Below is Yann's first mockup.

Quote from yann on [19/06/2019] à 16:45

Pour les anglais,

L'idée c'est de faire un petit blister ou une boite avec un punchboard 50 cartes V2 des Tokens et des dés.

Sur le punchboards on y trouve un Field command (équivalent a la boite de base) et des options de Recrutement.

On devrais pouvoir jouer les anglais avec ca plus quelques punchboards.

Si vous avez des idée ou des envie c'est le moment.

Ci dessous le premier plan de montage.

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

[PREVIEW][V2.X] Commonwealth Blister Pack posté le [19/06/2019] à 19:47

[PREVIEW][V2.X] Commonwealth Blister Pack posté le [19/06/2019] à 21:16

hmmmm!! We have mussolini, maybe Churchil? 😉

[PREVIEW][V2.X] Commonwealth Blister Pack posté le [19/06/2019] à 22:32

Was Churchill captured by his enemy and rescued in a raid? I don't recall that.

Mussolini was captured at one point and then rescued by German commandos. That is why he is on Skorzeny's board.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[PREVIEW][V2.X] Commonwealth Blister Pack posté le [20/06/2019] à 07:31

I didn't know Oddball was a real character either? 😉

Anyway, if the rules are: based on real events or movie characters, I'll have to think about it some more.

[PREVIEW][V2.X] Commonwealth Blister Pack posté le [20/06/2019] à 12:38

Preview for the British Officer.

Quote from yann on [20/06/2019] à 12:29

On as deja un dessin pour l'officier Britanique.

La question se pose de rajouter une unité d'infanterie. Mais on as pas mal d'unités existante déja pour les Britaniques.

[PREVIEW][V2.X] Commonwealth Blister Pack posté le [20/06/2019] à 12:50

Nostra, I seem to recall Churchill (or at least his double) appearing in the film The Eagle Has Landed. As JanHoos suggested the game is meant to be cinematic rather than entirely historical.

[PREVIEW][V2.X] Commonwealth Blister Pack posté le [20/06/2019] à 13:40

Yes, the game could go any direction depending on the scenarios.

It could be set in London or elsewhere in England.

Bold paratroopers being dropped to accomplish their mission as in

"The Eagle has landed"

or secret agents moving about in high places.

[PREVIEW][V2.X] Commonwealth Blister Pack posté le [20/06/2019] à 18:59

Quote from jyonkers on [20/06/2019] à 12:50

Nostra, I seem to recall Churchill (or at least his double) appearing in the film The Eagle Has Landed. As JanHoos suggested the game is meant to be cinematic rather than entirely historical.

That is a very good point, I had forgotten that movie.

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[PREVIEW][V2.X] Commonwealth Blister Pack posté le [21/06/2019] à 13:15

The Eagle Has Landed was a good movie, not great. But a lot of fun with some very memorable characters. The Polish units from the Market Garden gazette would work as stand-ins for the disguised German troops portrayed in the movie. As a matter of fact it would be cool if down the road DPG would release punchboards and scenarios based around some of the fictional movies…Kelly's Heroes, Von Ryan's Express, Saving Private Ryan, etc.

On a side note, my son and I have discussed playing a 'what-if' Checkpoint Charlie scenario with U.S. forces versus Soviets when HoS finally arrives.

[PREVIEW][V2.X] Commonwealth Blister Pack posté le [21/06/2019] à 13:20

Quote from jyonkers on [21/06/2019] à 13:15

Kelly's Heroes, Saving Private Ryan, etc.

You do know, those exist already? Right? :mrgreen:

[PREVIEW][V2.X] Commonwealth Blister Pack posté le [21/06/2019] à 14:19

Bart, I was aware of some of them; Oddball and Ryan. But, as I mentioned, it would be neat to have punchboards tied to specific movies with characters and scenarios. Bolt Action by Warlord Games came out with a Kelly's Heroes set a while back. Maybe it's asking too much. It probably is.

[PREVIEW][V2.X] Commonwealth Blister Pack posté le [21/06/2019] à 18:46

Quote from jyonkers on [21/06/2019] à 14:19

Bart, I was aware of some of them; Oddball and Ryan. But, as I mentioned, it would be neat to have punchboards tied to specific movies with characters and scenarios. Bolt Action by Warlord Games came out with a Kelly's Heroes set a while back. Maybe it's asking too much. It probably is.

You mean like:

[PREVIEW][V2.X] Commonwealth Blister Pack posté le [21/06/2019] à 19:01

Okay, okay, point taken. I'm going to go back and hunker down in my cave for awhile… 😳

[PREVIEW][V2.X] Commonwealth Blister Pack posté le [21/06/2019] à 21:40

WAIT! Did I say Kelly's Heroes? I meant Hogan's Heroes, HOGAN"S HEROES! I definitely have not seen Colonel Klink anywhere. Anything to say, gentlemen? Hmm? Anything at all?

[PREVIEW][V2.X] Commonwealth Blister Pack posté le [21/06/2019] à 23:25

Quote from jyonkers on [21/06/2019] à 21:40

WAIT! Did I say Kelly's Heroes? I meant Hogan's Heroes, HOGAN"S HEROES! I definitely have not seen Colonel Klink anywhere. Anything to say, gentlemen? Hmm? Anything at all?

Methinks you are moving the goal posts… 😛

Quote from jyonkers on [21/06/2019] à 13:15

… scenarios based around some of the fictional movies…Kelly's Heroes, Von Ryan's Express, Saving Private Ryan, etc.

[PREVIEW][V2.X] Commonwealth Blister Pack posté le [22/06/2019] à 01:56

Maybe.

I guess I started getting this stuff so fast that I didn't thoroughly review everything in the boxes. I've barely scratched the surface with the games I've played so far. Kind of makes me feel foolish every time I buy more…like I just did this week.

[PREVIEW][V2.X] Commonwealth Blister Pack posté le [22/06/2019] à 03:29

Terrain boards to go with saving private Ryan or other iconic movies. Like an English village for the Eagle has Landed. ETC. I am always up for more and more terrain.

[PREVIEW][V2.X] Commonwealth Blister Pack posté le [23/06/2019] à 00:32

Quote from Samurai37 on [22/06/2019] à 03:29

Terrain boards to go with saving private Ryan or other iconic movies. Like an English village for the Eagle has Landed. ETC. I am always up for more and more terrain.

While I agree that the terrain would be a nice addition, your starting to move in the realm of the 'shadow hunters' expansion for workload (not to mention cost) for the DPG team.

Then again, specific for some movies, most of the heroes are already there, so it would just be the additional terrain and re-arranging the heroes on the larger terrain sized punchboard – with maybe some extra terrain / obstacles ( ugh, that is a lot more work again 🙄 )

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it

[PREVIEW][V2.X] Commonwealth Blister Pack posté le [23/06/2019] à 01:35

Another 'what-if' scenario…Operation Sea Lion; German landing craft, British Home Guard and armed civilians.

I guess it would be a lot of work for DPG. With everything that's already out there we're already pretty much able to mock-up about anything we can think of.

An English village would be cool, though.

Pages : 1 2