Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
My View on Heroes of Normandie
Errors I've Found posté le [11/07/2019] à 05:09

Quote from Ivan Boscaro on [09/07/2019] à 20:47

I dislike the SoN promo pieces that from time to time I do find in the sets I buy from this site or other retailers… I mean… I am a Lovecraft 's fan and so on… BUT *OSH !!! No way that I use lovecraft monstrosities and deities or cultists in a World War II game !!!

This belongs in the SoN forums. The systems are compatible, but this is not an issue with HoN.

I barely tolerate the fact that the Heroes of the game resemble "real life actors from the War movies of the 60s"…

The whole THEME of HoN is, in fact, "WWII as it was in the golden age of Hollywood". That was the point.

Quote from Ivan Boscaro on [09/07/2019] à 20:47But I – rather – would have prefered to have the compendium of the rules inside the Core Box of the game (it could have been a good commercial move since putting ALL the stuff into it in terms of rules and "cancies" like that, the new gamers of the HoN game would have been "invited" to buy more products just by allowing them to see "what's inside" each "issue" of the game itself… And I hope you get this point of view of mine too).

Actually, what you get (I know, it happened fairly frequently) was people going "there is a rule in my book, but I have no matching piece. I must be missing pieces from my game!". Having rules in the original v1.0 book that were for parts not in the base game caused a lot of folks confusion. I fear reality does not match your expectation on this.

Not to mention that the cost of the core box would just about double to have the full book in it. How many people who would otherwise buy the core box would pass if the cost was 150% or so of the current cost?

And what about people who just pick up the base box to play the game at that level? You would prefer they be forced to pay for a huge rulebook of things they will never need?

It would be better that the core rules cover the materials in the core box.

However, it would also certainly be nice if the rules for the various expansions were available here for download at the very least. It is not unreasonable for customers to assume they can find the rules for the expansions they HAVE purchased.

Quote from Ivan Boscaro on [09/07/2019] à 20:47I would also like the app called "Tools" here on this site to be Updated… Since I use it alot I have found that is not completed at all and lacks the newer sets and tiles and also it has some issues such as the fact that it is not possible to setup plural copies of sets (since I use some set in dual copies I would also like to have the chance to select the same pieces that I own, instead it is not possible right now). It also do have the issue of presenting always the SoN terrains sets even if I deselected them… Since I do not own them and I DO NOT WANT EVEN TO SEE THEM AROUND (I hate the idea of using a Lovecraftesque set into a "real life" WWII wargame !!!

DPG are not programmers. They are artists and game designers.

Some fans created the tools, and DPG was nice enough to include links to them so that other fans could have access… but it is up to the original authors to support the tools or not.

And again, HoN is a great game and a lot of fun, but it is not quite the simulation you seem to want it to be. Hopefully the little Hollywood bits do not disrupt your enjoyment much, but you are going to have to live with a little bit of dissonance over your clash with the theme.

Quote from Ivan Boscaro on [09/07/2019] à 20:47I did also played alot in my youth ages, at the very famous videogame called "Commandoes"… And I do create scenarios with the HoN rules and pieces but resembling to be – the best I can – the precise "maps" and events depicted into those videogames series of "Commandos"…

It was in fact for that idea I had in origin of HoN to be a boardgamish version of Commandos that made me closer to the HoN System and just in a second time and after I bought the sets of the game I did recall the fact the HoN series takes inspiration not from Commandoes but from "real life" actors and war movies from the 60s (which I adore to see and watch again from time to time, as the chance arise when they are passed by into the national TVs or similar) !!!

That is very cool. Glad HoN could help fill that niche for you.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

My View on Heroes of Normandie posté le [11/07/2019] à 05:10

I dislike the SoN promo pieces that from time to time I do find in the sets I buy from this site or other retailers… I mean… I am a Lovecraft 's fan and so on… BUT *OSH !!! No way that I use lovecraft monstrosities and deities or cultists in a World War II game !!!

I barely tolerate the fact that the Heroes of the game resemble "real life actors from the War movies of the 60s"… But I – rather – would have prefered to have the compendium of the rules inside the Core Box of the game (it could have been a good commercial move since putting ALL the stuff into it in terms of rules and "cancies" like that, the new gamers of the HoN game would have been "invited" to buy more products just by allowing them to see "what's inside" each "issue" of the game itself… And I hope you get this point of view of mine too).

I mean… Think about Games Workshop and its core sets of Warhammer 40K… You have the core book of rules into which you have ALL the rules (basic) for setting the first matches up and have fun from the very start and the very unboxing of the set… But, if you want to "deepen" the experience or try newer tactics or armies you also have to buy more core sets and "Codexes" of the rules related to each single faction of the armies involved into the game… Got it ?!?

Got that point of view ? Good.

I wanted the same thing with Heroes of Normandie… Instead I have PLENTY of misprinted tokens (GW does the same but with the rules or the cards – and since I own Shadespire sets translated into Italian I know very well the issues I am talking about !!! Their rules maker and/or translators' teams are very "poor" in terms of final quality of the products; sometimes)… And rules that are not so clear or are not present at all (I thin the Blitzkrieg token in the Wittman set, for example, which I had no clues to how use it until I ended up into some forum that explained it to me… But I did that for chance and not for willingness !!!).

By the way. The game HoN is the DEFINITIVE WWII game for me and I did create plenty of army lists or terrains to fight upon just for fun !!! And I am willing to share them or newer ideas …

I also did D-Day scenarios and campains created by myself and not related or related just "by the surface" with the "official scenarios" that we can find into the Rulebooks of the sets and the expansions of HoN itself !!!

I would also like the app called "Tools" here on this site to be Updated… Since I use it alot I have found that is not completed at all and lacks the newer sets and tiles and also it has some issues such as the fact that it is not possible to setup plural copies of sets (since I use some set in dual copies I would also like to have the chance to select the same pieces that I own, instead it is not possible right now). It also do have the issue of presenting always the SoN terrains sets even if I deselected them… Since I do not own them and I DO NOT WANT EVEN TO SEE THEM AROUND (I hate the idea of using a Lovecraftesque set into a "real life" WWII wargame !!! I mean… If you did create a fantasy game ok… It could be cool to add also "External" and cultists and deities from the Lovecraft's worlds and novels… But since this game is kinda a "serious" one and depictes real life events and wars or armies… Nope… Using a Monster army set taken from a lovecraftesque world is not cool at all… And it is unrespectful for the real life dudes that fought and gave their lives for what they did believe (good and bad guys alike, since for me they are both worthy to be remembered for a reason or another… Since they both were human beings and jounger than me or you when they gave their life).

I did also played alot in my youth ages, at the very famous videogame called "Commandoes"… And I do create scenarios with the HoN rules and pieces but resembling to be – the best I can – the precise "maps" and events depicted into those videogames series of "Commandos"…

It was in fact for that idea I had in origin of HoN to be a boardgamish version of Commandos that made me closer to the HoN System and just in a second time and after I bought the sets of the game I did recall the fact the HoN series takes inspiration not from Commandoes but from "real life" actors and war movies from the 60s (which I adore to see and watch again from time to time, as the chance arise when they are passed by into the national TVs or similar) !!!

I ever thinked in fact that it would be cool a "newer section" or branch of the game linked to the lore and the missions and characters seen in Commandos… I mean… That series of games is one of the best ever made in history, in my humble opinion, and also the Commandos series suites alot into the Heroes system since we have single Heroes / Villains such as Von Kampz and similar "characters" like Furlong and others that could be used togheter in a Commandos styled mission or campaign or system of play… It could be very cool to me to replay on the HoN boards and with HoN sets, the same missions seen in the games series Commandos; or also newer ones with newer characters too…

I think that this idea should be taken into account by the HoN developer team… Or dude…

;-P

And just in case… I am here to give support and collaborate with them too… I have the mind full of ideas linked to the "merging" the world and "lore" created by the Commandos games with Heroes of Normandie !!!

I'd also would like to see a "not suitable for guys under 14 age" version of this game (HoN) called Heroes of Anarchy… Into which you would have to choose one of the gangs seen into the tv series "Sons of Anarchy"… Just to reproduce brawls and gang wars in a style and fasion seen onto the series that have the same name !!! Would not be cool to play Heroes of Normandie systems games but set into the world of the gang wars seen in Sons of Anarchy ?!?

Maybe there should be some coyright issues to fulfill in order to do such a game… But you managed to do a game settled into the lore and world of Warhammer 40k !!! Then you can do … ANYTHING !!! (And who knows the GW and its games and fan "inner cyrcles" knows also why I said so !!! ;-P Or can figure it out with ease… At least !!! lol).

By the way, that's all folks, and I know I wrote a newer "Divina Commedia" … But I hope that you enjoyed the reading and that – at least- you forgive my "creative veins" that made me write so much here onto this thread !!!

Bye !!!

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Pages : 1