Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
[Carentan] Scenario 6 - When can Americans deploy in zone A?
[Carentan] Scenario 6 - When can Americans deploy in zone A? posté le [25/11/2019] à 01:24

In Carentan Scenario 6 – "Final Assault, June 12", what conditions allow the American player to deploy into Zone A?

The rules on page 15 sound like the American player can deploy in Zone A if they were victorious in Scenario 4.

I'm skeptical because the rules on page 11 (Scenario 4) say "American victory: In Scenario 6, the American player can use deployment zone B and places Bonus tactic B". There is no mention of deployment zone A. It also doesn't make sense to me that American victory in Scenario 4 leads to placing Bonus Tactic B, yet American victory in Scenario 5 leads to deploying in zone B. It seems like the Bonus Tactic & Deployment Zone should go together with victory in the same scenario.

P.S. I searched the forums, but couldn't find any questions/answers around scenario 6.

[Carentan] Scenario 6 - When can Americans deploy in zone A? posté le [25/11/2019] à 01:32

After re-reading it for the 10th time, I think the Americans can always deploy in zone A, regardless of the result of any prior scenario.

Zones B and C are a bonus if the Americans can win Scenario 4 and/or 5 (respectively).

This makes even more sense when you look at the battle map on the last page (page 16). The Americans launch their Final Assault from 3 fronts. Two of the fronts could only exist if the Americans won the corresponding battles (scenario 4 and scenario 5). Whereas the third front could exist even if the Americans lost both of the prior battles, as there is no engagement that would block their advancing forces.

Pages : 1