Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
Point-Du-Hoc Rules about wind "gauge" and flames' tokens... How they are meant to be used ?
Point-Du-Hoc Rules about wind "gauge" and flames' tokens... How they are meant to be used ? posté le [08/03/2020] à 10:22

I bought the expansion set "Point du Hoc" just the day before it went out of stock and I am happy about the fact that I now have it in my collection (expecially for the fact that I now can setup better and more varied in terms of "terrain tiles" gaming sessions with my wargamer friends).

But, with no doubt, I deem as be frustrating the fact that the rules about using the tokens it provides, such as the wind gauge and the fire tokens above mentioned are not given along with the set itself… But are stored into the Compendium… And I know that it's – I hope not – a "wanted" thing, since in doing so you are obliged to buy 2 products instead of only 1… But it is not fair to me, from the customer point of view it is not only expensive, but such policy do not allow us to fully appreciate the set and sometimes, obliges us to create House rules for the use of such tokens… Instead of using them correctly and for the way they've meant to be !!!

THEN… For God's Sake, as it is said in English… May someone "good-hearthed" help me and tell me precisely how the tokens in exam work and what are the rules regarding flame tokens or wind gauge ? And why the wind gauge also is double sided – with each of its side presenting different "style" and metric values upon it ? What those 2 sides are meant to be used ?

And again… WHY YOU HAVE PUT ALSO A UNIT TOKEN FROM THE SHADOWS OVER NORMANDIE "group" of materials ?!? I mean… It is a cool unit, nothing to say about that… But I do not bear similar "pushing" given away about your other "System" 's product line…

I would have preferred to be "gifted" with more WWII units instaed of that promo unit which I will not use anyway and anytime in my life…

Same thing is valid for the SASHA character presented along with the core HoN sets… He is a "push" promo that sends you towards the Stalingrad line.

Ok, this is marketing at the very peak of its best… But I am not interested at all into SoN, even if I adore lovecratesque lore or games and such…

I would have preferred to have another copy of the german 222 recce "car" and the "kettenkrad" instead of it !!! Or an Hitler unit token maybe (like "The Duce" tile / token that we see into the gazette related to his saving and the Skorzeny's paratroopers and the related historical missions for which this group of paratroopers has become famous and renown!!!). Or the tokens allowing you to recreate scenarios and missions seen (and played) by many of us inside very famous videogames such as "COMMANDOS" and its "follow ups games".

Point-Du-Hoc Rules about wind "gauge" and flames' tokens... How they are meant to be used ? posté le [08/03/2020] à 12:43

The rules for Pointe Du Hoc are available in the downloads section. As well as some scenarios for the terrain that comes with this expansion. It’s also a crossover expansion, hence the Shrimpman character. If I remember correctly, he is used in one of the official scenarios.

Some expansions were Kickstarter extras with digital-only rulebooks.

Sasha was drawn as a gift for a certain Kickstarter backer, a tribute, let’s say. The same goes for Oros Snowt and some

other heroes are inspired by other friends and staff of DPG.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Point-Du-Hoc Rules about wind "gauge" and flames' tokens... How they are meant to be used ? posté le [23/06/2020] à 21:03

Quote from bartdevuyst on [08/03/2020] à 12:43

The rules for Pointe Du Hoc are available in the downloads section. As well as some scenarios for the terrain that comes with this expansion. It’s also a crossover expansion, hence the Shrimpman character. If I remember correctly, he is used in one of the official scenarios.

Some expansions were Kickstarter extras with digital-only rulebooks.

Sasha was drawn as a gift for a certain Kickstarter backer, a tribute, let’s say. The same goes for Oros Snowt and some

other heroes are inspired by other friends and staff of DPG.

I really dislike this Kickstarter stuff: I mean… Where is the point in making a product without the paper – printed rules ?!? And with "online only" or "digital only" versions of the proper rules ?!? Meaningless !!!

I also tried to download some of the so called "digital only rulebooks" you reported (such as Civilians under Fire or similar, just to say some) but it did not work at all !!! Sometimes it also happened that the above said "rules" where labelled as "being corrupted (digitally), not readable or not even more available for downloading" !!! I mean… Shameful !!!

It is sufficient to add a paper or two with the rules written clearly onto it, like those seen in the expansions of the famous game "The Feast for Odin" by Uwe Rosenberg, which I know it is not sold by your company; but at least shows how a proper "expansion's ruleset" should be…

Point-Du-Hoc Rules about wind "gauge" and flames' tokens... How they are meant to be used ? posté le [24/06/2020] à 15:00

I've looked up said rules on the site and downloaded them without problem.

Point-Du-Hoc Rules about wind "gauge" and flames' tokens... How they are meant to be used ? posté le [24/06/2020] à 20:14

Quote from Moomer on [24/06/2020] à 15:00

I've looked up said rules on the site and downloaded them without problem.

Where did you find them ? I searched for them and have not found anything.

I've found the link to the "Civilians Under fire" expansion ruleset but trying to download them an error window appears telling me that the files are not more readable or present into the site or similar stuff.

I am then unable to download anything.

Point-Du-Hoc Rules about wind "gauge" and flames' tokens... How they are meant to be used ? posté le [24/06/2020] à 20:24

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/nouveau-telechargement-pointe-du-hoc/

Johan Van Gijsegem

Point-Du-Hoc Rules about wind "gauge" and flames' tokens... How they are meant to be used ? posté le [24/06/2020] à 20:57

Quote from Ivan Boscaro on [24/06/2020] à 20:14

I've found the link to the "Civilians Under fire" expansion ruleset but trying to download them an error window appears telling me that the files are not more readable or present into the site or similar stuff.

I am then unable to download anything.

It is something about your machine. I just tested the link myself and the zip files downloaded fine. You do have to unzip it to get to the PDF files, but it unzipped without a problem.

I have Windows 10, which deals with zip archives automatically. Your machine is having some issue with them for some reason. Perhaps load a different browser on your system and try using that one to see if it can download the files?

My first response would have been "you have to log in to be able to download things", but since you have to be logged in to post, I figured that was not the issue.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Pages : 1