Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2
Flamethrower and buildings...
Flamethrower and buildings... posté le [09/06/2018] à 17:03

Quote from bartdevuyst on [09/06/2018] à 10:40

Fire just might be really dangerous, just like in real life! 😉

That does about sum it up, I think 😈

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Flamethrower and buildings... posté le [21/06/2018] à 01:17

Quote from bobweebe on [20/04/2018] à 18:53

The bottom of page 28 of the rules compendium (damage paragraph) says that at the end of the supply phase, units inside structures (incl. Bunkers) that have a fire marker are attacked by the marker, which is supposed to have a combat value printed on it.

Hi Bobweebe,

Silly little question now: Are Bunkers considered to be Structures? The styling of the Structure and Bunker icons is similar – grey with a white outline…

Because the Fire rules mention that Damage is done to all units inside a Structure. There's no mention of Bunkers on page 28 of the compendium.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Flamethrower and buildings... posté le [21/06/2018] à 01:22

Nevermind my question, I found the answer, hidden in the Compendium! :mrgreen:

Page 20 (top left) of the compendium explains it clearly but it can be easily overlooked:

'Some terrain elements, such as buildings or wrecked vehicles, are structures.'

Bunkers are under the 'Buildings' subheading so there it is: A bunker is a structure!

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Flamethrower and buildings... posté le [16/05/2020] à 17:44

I have another question about fire markers in buildings. After a flamer fires into a garage let’s say, I place a fire marker onto the structure, can an infantry unit enter that building or a unit inside be able to move out? I ask because the fire marker has a no infantry enter symbol on it.

Gordon Dragicevic

Flamethrower and buildings... posté le [16/05/2020] à 18:33

You can move infantry in or out of a burning building. Units inside buildings will get hit by the flames during the Supply Phase though.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Flamethrower and buildings... posté le [16/05/2020] à 18:44

Ok. That’s awesome! I had an red objective marker change sides 3 times during our scenario as units ran into burning building turn after turn as the building burned more and more every round, crazy stuff!! Thanks for you response!

Gordon Dragicevic

Flamethrower and buildings... posté le [20/05/2020] à 11:46

Quote from bartdevuyst on [06/06/2018] à 22:39

Another flames question. I combine them all in this thread… maybe someone else finds it helpful, later on.

Fire Rules, Compendium page 28 (left column), state 'There can be no more than 1 Fire Marker per square'.

In my example below is a two square building. In a previous turn, a flamethrower fired through the window. We put one fire marker down following the rules on page 29 (top left column). In the Supply Phase we roll a 6 and add a second Fire Marker (and a Destruction Marker). Every supply phase I continued adding Fire Markers because I kept rolling 4, 5, or 6es. So in the picture below, after a few turns, there are four fire markers in the building. Quite a cosy bonfire in the French countryside.

Now I wonder if I played this wrong… Because there's this rule of only one fire marker per square… So a two square building would only allow for a maximum of two fire markers? Or is this rule ignored inside buildings?

Did you ever find an answer for this?

Flamethrower and buildings... posté le [20/05/2020] à 11:51

Quote from Axel on [01/06/2014] à 01:12

Mezike, you are right (again!). The Flamethrower use a pattern (not a blast pattern) ans as grenade or others, in a building (or a defensive position), you don't use the pattern and ALL of the units inside the building are attacked.

The rule is in the D-Day scenario pack, in the booklet (paragraph Flamethrower) 😉

Don't hesitate to consult the Special habilities summary and erratas for the special habilities that do not belong to the rules booklet of the Core Box

Also is this errata and special abilities sheet up to date? I’ve been dying for a good printable sheet of all the abilities to give to my opponents in HoN and HoS

Flamethrower and buildings... posté le [20/05/2020] à 12:15

That sheet is very old and probably out of date.

I suggest getting the Compendium, it comes with up to date special ability (and other) reference sheets. It's really nice.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Flamethrower and buildings... posté le [20/05/2020] à 12:17

I have never received an official answer, but I play with the 1 Fire Marker per square rule. This means small buildings can take less Fire Markers than larger buildings.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Flamethrower and buildings... posté le [20/05/2020] à 13:55

Thanks Bart, didn’t realize the compendium has player aids! I pick that up, as well as the back inventory of all Heroes of WW2 boxes and expansions this afternoon from a seller!

Flamethrower and buildings... posté le [20/05/2020] à 14:38

Yes, the Compendium play aids are great. All of the special abilities in one Place and I hardly never need to check the actual compendium book.

The book has the rules explained a bit lenghtier way, but the play aids are all that I need during the game.

Also, the compendium comes with the rules of every older expansion in one Place. Very convenient.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Flamethrower and buildings... posté le [20/05/2020] à 22:27

I love the Compendium, it saves so much time because I don't have to remember in which expansion rulebook a particular rule can be found. So much better to have a single source to find all the rules.

In fact, if you look way back in the archives, I posted the first request for a combined rulebook [link] (at least in the English forums, I did not dig through the French forums to verify). I did this when the Carentan/Pegasus Bridge/St. Mere Eglise sets were still early in development.

The reference sheets that DPG added to the Compendium are outstanding. As stated by Colhammer, I use those most of the time when at the table.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Flamethrower and buildings... posté le [21/05/2020] à 10:17

I have a silly question. I'm new and I can't find where's fire markers? What expansion is it?

Flamethrower and buildings... posté le [21/05/2020] à 11:16

Quote from Captain Poland on [21/05/2020] à 10:17

I have a silly question. I'm new and I can't find where's fire markers? What expansion is it?

Pointe du Hoc has the Fire Markers.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Pages : 1 2