Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2
Best expansions to fill in game aspects missing in Heroes of Stalingrad?
Best expansions to fill in game aspects missing in Heroes of Stalingrad? posté le [13/05/2020] à 17:57

Colhammer I missed your reply! Thank you. Do you see anything I’m missing? I don’t want to get useless gazettes if I am only field HoS stuff, but it’s awesome to hear that the Sgt’s from the Morale gazette look fine!

Wow I’m so excited to get these sets in

Best expansions to fill in game aspects missing in Heroes of Stalingrad? posté le [13/05/2020] à 18:01

Right now I’m grabbing:

Goering and his train (proxy in for a Russian armored train scenario)

Battleground set I

Battleground set II

battleground set III

Civilians Under Fire

Radar Station and Factory

Extra Terrain set II

River Set

Fortified Farm

Carentan

D-Day

Gazette 0

Gazette 1

Gazette 3

Gazette 4

Gazette 6

Gazette 7

Point du Hoc

Best expansions to fill in game aspects missing in Heroes of Stalingrad? posté le [13/05/2020] à 20:27

Quote from bartdevuyst on [13/05/2020] à 15:02

• #0 Huge Landing scenario (plus an errata sheet with an FFI bonus)

• #1 Mines (US/GE/Commonwealth)

• #2 Hobart's Funnies (Commonwealth)

• #3 Band of Brothers (US)

• #4 Skorzeny/Mussolini (GE)

• #5 Arnhem maps and Polish Paras (Commonwealth)

• #6 Moral (US/GE/Commonwealth)

• #7 Commandos (Commonwealth) Huge bunker

• #8 Gebirgsjäger (FFI/GE)

nice list, going to use it when i make next order

Johan Van Gijsegem

Best expansions to fill in game aspects missing in Heroes of Stalingrad? posté le [14/05/2020] à 10:53

Extra Terrain II is a set of extra Bocage (Normandy hedgerows) overlays and some cows. Now I know most farm fields end up with bolders along the borders, but how prevalent are Normandy-like hedgerows on the Russian frontier?

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Best expansions to fill in game aspects missing in Heroes of Stalingrad? posté le [14/05/2020] à 12:17

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [14/05/2020] à 10:53

Extra Terrain II is a set of extra Bocage (Normandy hedgerows) overlays and some cows. Now I know most farm fields end up with bolders along the borders, but how prevalent are Normandy-like hedgerows on the Russian frontier?

Haha very true, but in the grimdark of the 41st millenium, there can be only bocage

Best expansions to fill in game aspects missing in Heroes of Stalingrad? posté le [15/05/2020] à 07:29

Well, in my defense you were asking about HoS :mrgreen:

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Best expansions to fill in game aspects missing in Heroes of Stalingrad? posté le [16/05/2020] à 00:48

Are you sure you don't want to get the Americans? Imagine it: Patton vs. Zhukov in Czechoslovakia!

P.S. I'm pretty sure they had cows in Russia. But probably not in Stalingrad or Leningrad after a while.

Best expansions to fill in game aspects missing in Heroes of Stalingrad? posté le [20/06/2020] à 10:27

Harbor and Hills pack is self-explanitory

Best expansions to fill in game aspects missing in Heroes of Stalingrad? posté le [21/06/2020] à 07:09

Quote from proudgeek159 on [16/05/2020] à 00:48

P.S. I'm pretty sure they had cows in Russia. But probably not in Stalingrad or Leningrad after a while.

The Russians pursued a "scorched earth" strategy as a key part of the early defense. If there were any they were very rare.

Best expansions to fill in game aspects missing in Heroes of Stalingrad? posté le [21/06/2020] à 20:28

Quote from Jjmclachlan on [14/05/2020] à 12:17

Haha very true, but in the grimdark of the 41st millenium, there can be only bocage

Now that's funny! 😆

S.

Best expansions to fill in game aspects missing in Heroes of Stalingrad? posté le [23/06/2020] à 20:31

Quote from Jjmclachlan on [14/05/2020] à 12:17

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [14/05/2020] à 10:53

Ah ah ah !!!

Best expansions to fill in game aspects missing in Heroes of Stalingrad? posté le [23/06/2020] à 20:33

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [21/06/2020] à 07:09

Quote from proudgeek159 on [16/05/2020] à 00:48

The Russians pursued a "scorched earth" strategy as a key part of the early defense. If there were any they were very rare.

In Stalingrad, at a certain point, the people started to eat each other and eat dead animals like cows or horses, even more frequently, rats, dogs and cats…

So… The unique "good cows" in Stalingrad were "dead cows"!!!

Best expansions to fill in game aspects missing in Heroes of Stalingrad? posté le [23/06/2020] à 20:44

Quote from Jjmclachlan on [13/05/2020] à 18:01

Right now I’m grabbing:

Battleground set I

Battleground set II

battleground set III

Civilians Under Fire

Extra Terrain set II

River Set

Fortified Farm

Carentan

D-Day

Gazette 0

Gazette 1

Gazette 3

Gazette 4

Gazette 6

Gazette 7

Point du Hoc

Unfortunately for you (and me too) most of the products in the list you made are SOLD OUT or OUT OF PRINT… And those of the Devil Pig told me that they will not be reprinted at all !!! And it makes me angry because I started only recently to buy and collect Heroes of Normandie, but it will be impossible for me to complete my collection (expecially for the Gazettes… Which I own most of them but not the complete set, and I really would like for them to be reprinted, expecially that one with extra Alpine troops and French partisans, the Miller's Rangers set and

the sets like Point du Hoc, which is too much linked to Shadows over Normandie, for my taste; while, instead, I'd like to have a more "historically linked" one!!!).

Also… I bought the River Set… But unfortunately I found it impossible to be fielded and played: I lack the mere space I need to use that set of river tiles… Those rivers in fact, do take most of the space and there is not so much space and squares to let the units move properly…

It is also relatively linked to precise moments and scenarios of the battlse in Normandie… Such as the Market Garden operation or similar… So… That set is very "particular" and "thematic" to be used… But I own it just for collectionism. And I admit that I'd rather have preferred to buy a set with the Italian Army, or a set linked to the war in North Africa and Rommel, so to be able to create my own "home made" scenarios; rather than have to buy an almost unuseful (for me) river tiles set…

However… I really liked some of the tiles presented into that set, and some other stuff added by it. But I still find it almost too much expensive and almost unuseful (for me, at this moment, since I lack the space to setup a proper scenario using also river tiles as I said).

I find also almost unuseful and redundant the Goering set… I mean… Why they made it ?!? They could have added some "normal combat train" or more train coaches since I have already the main "train station set"… But the train coaches / "pieces" they introduce and present with that set are very few and ridicules, to a certain extent… I mean…. The train it presents is made up by just 2 mere passengers coaches plus a locomotive (obvious, but maybe another pair of locomotives would have been better in my opinion)and one or two more coaches with open top or machinegun nests above them… While I'd preferred to have a full set of various train / combat train coaches… Expecially extra coaches with SS or AA guns or Sovietic Russia logos and insignas or cannons / machineguns and gunners from various nations (because we all know that russians too did extensive use of combat trains during the WWII and the first decades of the 1900 !!!; and also because they could fit well in scenarios made using the material presented with the "Stalingrad" expansions / sets!!!).

Best expansions to fill in game aspects missing in Heroes of Stalingrad? posté le [24/06/2020] à 18:28

Quote from Ivan Boscaro on [23/06/2020] à 20:44

Quote from Jjmclachlan on [13/05/2020] à 18:01

Right now I’m grabbing:

Battleground set I

Battleground set II

battleground set III

Civilians Under Fire

Extra Terrain set II

River Set

Fortified Farm

Carentan

D-Day

Gazette 0

Gazette 1

Gazette 3

Gazette 4

Gazette 6

Gazette 7

Point du Hoc

Unfortunately for you (and me too) most of the products in the list you made are SOLD OUT or OUT OF PRINT… And those of the Devil Pig told me that they will not be reprinted at all !!! And it makes me angry because I started only recently to buy and collect Heroes of Normandie, but it will be impossible for me to complete my collection (expecially for the Gazettes… Which I own most of them but not the complete set, and I really would like for them to be reprinted, expecially that one with extra Alpine troops and French partisans, the Miller's Rangers set and

the sets like Point du Hoc, which is too much linked to Shadows over Normandie, for my taste; while, instead, I'd like to have a more "historically linked" one!!!).

Also… I bought the River Set… But unfortunately I found it impossible to be fielded and played: I lack the mere space I need to use that set of river tiles… Those rivers in fact, do take most of the space and there is not so much space and squares to let the units move properly…

It is also relatively linked to precise moments and scenarios of the battlse in Normandie… Such as the Market Garden operation or similar… So… That set is very "particular" and "thematic" to be used… But I own it just for collectionism. And I admit that I'd rather have preferred to buy a set with the Italian Army, or a set linked to the war in North Africa and Rommel, so to be able to create my own "home made" scenarios; rather than have to buy an almost unuseful (for me) river tiles set…

However… I really liked some of the tiles presented into that set, and some other stuff added by it. But I still find it almost too much expensive and almost unuseful (for me, at this moment, since I lack the space to setup a proper scenario using also river tiles as I said).

I find also almost unuseful and redundant the Goering set… I mean… Why they made it ?!? They could have added some "normal combat train" or more train coaches since I have already the main "train station set"… But the train coaches / "pieces" they introduce and present with that set are very few and ridicules, to a certain extent… I mean…. The train it presents is made up by just 2 mere passengers coaches plus a locomotive (obvious, but maybe another pair of locomotives would have been better in my opinion)and one or two more coaches with open top or machinegun nests above them… While I'd preferred to have a full set of various train / combat train coaches… Expecially extra coaches with SS or AA guns or Sovietic Russia logos and insignas or cannons / machineguns and gunners from various nations (because we all know that russians too did extensive use of combat trains during the WWII and the first decades of the 1900 !!!; and also because they could fit well in scenarios made using the material presented with the "Stalingrad" expansions / sets!!!).

Maybe there is a difference between US Shop and Europe? I recently did also a "bulk" shopping, and most of the things on that list were still available …

Johan Van Gijsegem

Best expansions to fill in game aspects missing in Heroes of Stalingrad? posté le [24/06/2020] à 20:54

The shop entry for the River set includes previews of the boards. You can see how big the rivers are in a standard tile and all the different river tiles included. You could have evaluated the usefulness of the set before purchase.

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/product/river-set/

The point cost for equivalent Russian crew would be the same as the cost of the German crew, so most of the cars (except perhaps Goering's personal card) would be useful in your envisioned scenarios.

As with most products in the DPG store, the Goering's Train pack has a preview that shows you exactly what you get, so you can decide if the purchase is worth it or not for yourself.

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/product/goering-et-son-train-blinde/

Pages : 1 2