Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
what the hell is going on?
what the hell is going on? posté le [11/03/2021] à 17:09

Gentlemen, what the hell is going on? I pledged to your KS for HOS in May 2018 and received it in January 2020, I also committed to purchase the HOBR pre order bundle on April 1, 2019 and pledged to back your KS 8 on June 11 2020. These last m2 pledges I have not received as of yet and now you want me to back BR1 when I still have 2 outstanding orders. Will BR1 become the second HOS and be delivered 2 years after it is ordered. In 2 weeks my HOBR bundle will be 2 years old, in 3 months my KS 8 will be a year old. How can you expect people to back you when you can not deliver your goods? I know Covid 19 Has messed things up but HOBR pre order was before Covid 19. When will I receive my orders? I will not be backing BR1 unless I receive my orders before the kickstarter ends. Which I probably will not and I am about to give up on your company and sell my HON, HOS and my HOBR games. Thank you for nothing

JALSr

what the hell is going on? posté le [11/03/2021] à 21:43

All the stuff you are waiting for is coming. We, in France, have already get them and it should arrive in several weeks in the US.

Also, KS 8 was on june 2020 but its reception expected for december 2020. I think it's more honest to say that DPG are 3 months late, and not one complete year!

Don't worry, you should get all you've paid for! 😉 And it's pretty good!

what the hell is going on? posté le [11/03/2021] à 21:51

Relax, it stil is kickstarter, and not a shop. I got all my pledges. And yes the where a little bit late. But it will arrive.

Zijn er ook nerderlandse spelers onder ons? Omgeving nijmegen, uden, enz.

what the hell is going on? posté le [11/03/2021] à 23:13

Many companies were late in 2020, not that excuses the chronic slips of DPG.

Portal Games (for example, I could name many more) is a much bigger company, and they had all sorts of trouble delivering in 2020, it was almost like there was a world-wide pandemic! I got some stuff I pre-ordered from them for 2020 a few weeks ago.

DPG has ALWAYS delivered their products. Not usually on time, but always worth the wait.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

what the hell is going on? posté le [11/03/2021] à 23:21

DPG did already delay the start of the new KS in order to ensure that the previous items were at least ready to dispatch to backers. I don't think that they could delay any longer because they don't have a regular distribution of games to keep the cash coming in. Each time they have to arrange a print run it needs some kind of campaign to fund it. So basically if they aren't running a campaign they aren't making any money and the staff aren't getting paid. Unfortunately that's just the way it is with the smaller games companies, and more so until they either have a massive hit game that keeps the money rolling in or they have a large enough library of games that they can always be printing something.

Even the "bigger" companies can have these issues. Basically Steve Jackson Games survived for a long time (survives?) because of the steady income from Munchkin.

–Paul's general KS advice—

I think what you should take from your experience is what anyone who has used KS for any length of time does. Pretty much everything is late. Sometimes it's a little late, sometimes it's very late. Unfortunately that's part of the deal with backing something that isn't made yet. In some cases it isn't even fully designed.

Just sometimes, mostly because it's a simple thing, or it's being made locally, or it's digital only, it arrives on time 🙂

Generally I don't get upset unless the creator says that something is in a state that it isn't when the KS runs. Even then it should become obvious before the campaign ends e.g. look out for games where "everything is done" but the campaign can't show you the game rules or photos of the prototypes.

what the hell is going on? posté le [12/03/2021] à 01:46

Nice summary of kickstarters 😎

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

what the hell is going on? posté le [12/03/2021] à 10:43

Excellent post, Paul.

☠☠☠ Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Pages : 1