Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
USA?
USA? posté le [28/09/2014] à 20:06

Is there any events that could be run to raise awareness in the USA? I think this game could do well here, but it's lacking in presence in the community.

USA? posté le [28/09/2014] à 23:48

Quote from Banks on [28/09/2014] à 20:06

Is there any events that could be run to raise awareness in the USA? I think this game could do well here, but it's lacking in presence in the community.

The answer to that is a resounding YES.

That event would be the completion of delivery for the wave 1 items promised from the HoN KickStarter.

It is very upsetting that October is here and we in the USA have no idea when we will receive the items we should have had in hand last May. And that would have been three months after those items were supposedly printed. 🙁

To make it worse. I could walk down the street an pick up some of those missing items at my local games store. Stuff I paid for a year and a half ago.

Come to think of it. Even the correction of the first wave screw up won't change most people's feelings about this game. >(

Sad really. This game could have went over huge with my gaming group. Now it's just a running joke that I'm sick of hearing about.

USA? posté le [25/03/2015] à 20:22

Adler Hobby will be pushing HON at Huzzah 2015

http://www.huzzahcon.com/

USA? posté le [25/03/2015] à 21:27

Iello is putting together Organized Play for Heroes of Normandie. Check it out.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

USA? posté le [25/03/2015] à 21:29

Quote from AKDOYLE on [28/09/2014] à 23:48

Quote from Banks on [28/09/2014] à 20:06

The answer to that is a resounding YES.

That event would be the completion of delivery for the wave 1 items promised from the HoN KickStarter.

It is very upsetting that October is here and we in the USA have no idea when we will receive the items we should have had in hand last May. And that would have been three months after those items were supposedly printed. 🙁

To make it worse. I could walk down the street an pick up some of those missing items at my local games store. Stuff I paid for a year and a half ago.

Come to think of it. Even the correction of the first wave screw up won't change most people's feelings about this game. >(

Sad really. This game could have went over huge with my gaming group. Now it's just a running joke that I'm sick of hearing about.

Unless some serious screw-up happend somewhere, and you are still waiting for anything else then the Scenario packs and maybe gazette n° 2 – it would love to know where that local games store is…

Now if you are still waiting on anything but the scenario packs and gazette n° 2 that could still be in transit, I would strongly recomand to PM Axel

Also as far as no idea goes, last 2 updates (one was French, the other in English) had a estimated delivery in July for the 3 Scenario packs and the Battleground terrain set, September for everything else.

There must be a lot of running jokes in your gaming group then, as I have yet to back the first kickstarter project that delivers on time as anounced when the project funded – one of them over 2 years now and still in development with no working prototype to date, others… from a few weeks late to a parcial refund – if that. Its part of the risk you take with a KS project. If you want to be 100 % sure, waiting till it's made, released and availeble at your local gaming store might be the way to go.

just my 2c

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it

USA? posté le [25/03/2015] à 22:49

I think you fell victim to a necro-thread. Check the date stamps. 😉

But in reply, it looks like it wasn't just my gaming crowd that took Heroes of Normandie as a joke. Just look at Board Game Geek. What should have been a smash hit is still struggling to attract players.

USA? posté le [26/03/2015] à 01:17

yes, not enough sleep and to much work will do that… 😳 and also, yes, I'm a member on BGG also and there is little that can be done about that at this point, no matter how much I disagree with the majorety there.

As for the issues that were there specialy with the first part of the Original KS, I still would say the same as in the answer just abpve… thats part of the risk with a KS – I am one of over 6 k people thats still waiting on a working prototype of a electonic gadget after 2 Years + and there are 2 other projects at this moment that also predate the HoN KS for Original delivery.

Does that mean they are all lying moneygrabbing bastards? IMHO most likely no, just people who underestimated the amount of work, delays from 3rd party involvement (manufacturing, logistics, packaging, legal, the list of things that can go wrong is endless – and in most cases a small delay here or there is all it takes to loose manufacturing slots, shipping slots and whatever down the line as they are most likely not the only project for whatever factory.

Most companies – if they even are companies at the start of a KS, indiego or whatever platform they use, are new start-ups with in a lot of cases experience in a small part of what it takes to launch a finished product.

Some briliant designer that came out of some large company may not be aware that he needs to call for a pick up from a delivery service before 3 pm to get it on the way before 5 pm in order to get his superb and inovative designs to the factory in time for the production run the next day, so bey bey production slot and hello a new slot at the end of all previous orders. Or that he needs to add some warning labels to protect him from lawsuithappy consumers. In his old job there probably was someone else that had to take care of all those pesky details. Or the factory recieved a sub par lot of materials that is useless for production.

Anyway, mistakes were made between all involved parties there, and I'm sure that the language barrier between them did not help things either. Sadly, once people form a opinion (informed or not), they usualy stick with it no matter what.

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it

Pages : 1