Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
Assault and Swamps
Assault and difficult terrain posté le [14/11/2015] à 17:41

Hi

I've just received my SoN and have been working through the rules. Played chapter 1 a couple of times and I think I'm getting the basics but one I can't find out the answer is what happens if you assault into a swamp.

Do you immediately get a suppressed marker before you roll the attack dice, or do you only get one if you win and move into the square?

Also if a unit without amphibious is forced to retreat into a swamp does it get a suppressed marker?

I'm sure I'll be back with more questions once I've played a few more games.

Steve

Assault and difficult terrain posté le [17/11/2015] à 02:09

I think that the attacker would only become suppressed if they are successful and thus must move into the defender's space. That is the point where they enter the space. Before that the "overlap" is mainly to signify which units are engaged in the assault. If they are not successful they will end up outside the swamp.

Likewise if they are forced to retreat into the space, they have likewise entered a swamp space and thus they get suppressed.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Assault and Swamps posté le [17/11/2015] à 11:44

Totally right 😉

En recherche de stage maquettiste

Assault and Swamps posté le [19/11/2015] à 21:42

One more note one swamps:

When a unit enters a swamp square, it gains a Suppressed marker. That last suppressed marker remains on the unit, is an exception to the normal rules on removing a suppressed marker during the end of the Supply phase. Once the unit leaves the swamp, that one marker can be removed during the Supply phase.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Pages : 1