Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
Question about Frontiers
Question about Frontiers posté le [13/01/2016] à 22:48

I have been offered a chance to buy Frontiers. I would like to hear your thoughts on this. Should I buy it? How close to HoN is it rules wise? Will DPG be re-visiting this in the near future or is it a long way off?

Any feedback you would like to offer would be nice.

Thank You

Member of the « Cult of the Inexisting New » – Thanks bartdevuyst

Question about Frontiers posté le [14/01/2016] à 03:32

Frontiers is noticeably the predecessor to HoN. It is more of a miniatures game style. No map grid. It also lacks the Recruitment tiles. Points are on the units. There is only one deck to be shared by both sides.(IIRC) No unit options. You buy gun turrets for vehicles in the form of tokens to be placed on the vehicle. (I didn't like that) Beyond that, pretty much the same. Very high quality components. (better than HoN actually)

In my opinion, it could easily be converted to use HoN's core rules and map tiles. Well worth picking up a copy or two from MM at $6.00! Heck, I have three copies on my shelf and am tempted to pick up a few more to use the counters for a base to paste the downloadable units they posted on line. You can find those files on BGG. https://www.boardgamegeek.com/files/thing/29078

Question about Frontiers posté le [15/01/2016] à 07:51

Thank You Akdoyle for the tip of the even lower price at MM. $6 per copy is very cheap for sure.

Member of the « Cult of the Inexisting New » – Thanks bartdevuyst

Question about Frontiers posté le [23/06/2019] à 20:03

Quote from dafrca on [15/01/2016] à 07:51

Thank You Akdoyle for the tip of the even lower price at MM. $6 per copy is very cheap for sure. my ip birthday wishes tneb

I have been offered a chance to buy Frontiers. I would like to hear your thoughts on this. Should I buy it? How close to HoN is it rules wise? Will DPG be re-visiting this in the near future or is it a long way off?

Pages : 1