Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2 3 4
[Global event] The Race for Cherbourg
[Global event] The Race for Cherbourg posté le [02/07/2016] à 13:11

all i'm seeing are the day 1s and no sub folder

[Global event] The Race for Cherbourg posté le [02/07/2016] à 13:12

Quote from ned-kogar on [02/07/2016] à 12:30

I've seen them, but it would be worth sending a Phase II email out to say they're there. With a link.

thanks for your hard work on this – looking forward to playing!

Neil

Thanks, Neil. Yes that is a good suggestion. This whole enterprise has certainly risen to a level I did not anticipate, and I apologize if I come across as unresponsive. It's a lot more hectic behind the curtains, I assure you!

[Global event] The Race for Cherbourg posté le [02/07/2016] à 13:14

Quote from Rbree on [02/07/2016] à 13:11

all i'm seeing are the day 1s and no sub folder

That was odd. This link should take you to both folders.

[Global event] The Race for Cherbourg posté le [02/07/2016] à 13:18

Here is the link toward the saturday scenarii.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxheatussakNY0ZYY1F2U19ua1U&usp=drive_web

Good luck.

I saw it too late to play because of other things planed by my warmate.

So the scenarii 205, 210 and 215 are free to play.

http://les-chauds-six-hon.e-monsite.com/

[Global event] The Race for Cherbourg posté le [02/07/2016] à 13:49

Quote from guitho1974 on [02/07/2016] à 13:18

I saw it too late to play because of other things planed by my warmate.

So the scenarii 205, 210 and 215 are free to play.

I am easing up on the deadline (since I could not meet it myself!) so feel free to play the scenarios at your convenience and then send a report as normal.

[Global event] The Race for Cherbourg posté le [02/07/2016] à 14:42

thanks. that get's me to the folders. the link i had was only taking me into friday's

[Global event] The Race for Cherbourg posté le [03/07/2016] à 17:25

They say a battle plan never survives first contact with the enemy, and that is in some ways what happened this weekend.

Good things

People from various countries have played 30 scenarios, and a total of 50 scenarios are now available to the community. Some Sunday scenarios are being played today.

People have shown that there certainly is an active player base interested in getting involved in events, and hopefully people enjoyed the games they did play. I know there were some close games out there! 15 American victories, 15 German victories, and 1 draw certainly are exciting results campaign wise.

Less good things

I certainly took a bigger bite than I could chew! I wasn't able to create enough scenarios needed (73 scenarios), and as a consequence I was still doing prep work when I should have focused on actively running what was. I wasn't communicating enough with participants, and should have cut things down in order to make it more manageable. A reason I'm putting these things out there is partly to give people an idea of why things appeared slow and unfinished, and partly to give other creators points to take into account themselves. They're not exactly new or ground breaking points, but it could be a good reminder for others!

* Scale according to resources.

* Plan your time.

* Communicate.

What's next

The campaign will run for next week, so that people who did not get to play this weekend can do so the coming days. I've freed up the scenarios from the previous days (Friday and Saturday) and tomorrow Sundays scenarios will be freed up as well if not played as scheduled. Freed up scenarios (no names assigned) can be played by anyone, and a report is sent in as normal. The results will then be added to the scenario overview. So if something peaks your interest, go for it! All the scenarios are out there. I'll upload some additional scenarios (grey text) in the coming week.

I'm disappointed I could not deliver as promised, and I apologize especially to those who did not get assigned scenarios. I have certainly learned a lot. And to end on a positive note, it's been really fun seeing you guys fight it out over the various scenarios. Well played!

Best regards,

Mattias

[Global event] The Race for Cherbourg posté le [03/07/2016] à 18:51

Well, I think it was a great idea, and I hope you'll run something similar again. It's understandable that there were glitches, given the high uptake, but your effort and enthusiasm are really admirable.

Thanks,

Neil

[Global event] The Race for Cherbourg posté le [03/07/2016] à 21:01

Hi there!

Thank you Matias for all your hard work!!!

Due to work issues we haved to play the battle this morning.

´cause we didn´t got the scenario , we make our own based on your notes.

Finally a friend of us joined and we played a battle arround the little village of Tourlaville.

Six tiles from core box and St. Mere Eglise represent it.

We have 400 points of germans (vonsirius) and 350 points US (Artusoo) supported by 150 points British (Julen).

British army has to secure a house at the west of Tourlaville despite great efforts was unable to do it but secure the western flank and deny to germans the use of a key bridge on his sector.

Americans advance under heavy fire on the east and haved to face two panzers IV among all kind of resistence.

Both sides was unable to take his main objectives but a final allied counter attack inflict heavy loses on germans and gave enought victory points to win the day,

A nail eating battle and a lot of fun!!!

Hope it will be useful to you despite the fact it is not your designed scenario. (We´ll have no time next week to play it)

Thank you again and sorry for my english.

Allied Victory on Tourlaville

[Global event] The Race for Cherbourg posté le [04/07/2016] à 00:12

Thanks for the feedback guys. People have been really nice and getting feedback (positive and constructive) from players is very encouraging – both to improve and, well, enjoying it all.

When I've said it's been a good learning experience, I did mean it in the sense that these lessons will be put to good use. There will be more, even better, events to come later this year.

And great initiative, vonsirius! The important thing is that you're playing a fun game, not that you're playing this or that exact scenario. Sounds like a tough battle too, especially with it coming down to Victory Points to win it! I added the scenario result to the campaign.

[Global event] The Race for Cherbourg posté le [04/07/2016] à 06:18

It was an ambitious attempt, but also a great idea and a wonderful experiment.

I applaud the audacity and I am happy to hear there was so much participation. What a problem to have 🙂

I cannot wait to see the next one 😉

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[Global event] The Race for Cherbourg posté le [04/07/2016] à 07:07

Hello guys (and ladies of course)…

I knew by Sierra that we have until july 11th to play the scenarii.

So after the troubles I faced this week end to find a common date for battle with Redchili (the so nice Amerisan guy… I WILL DESTROY HIM 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 ), I am back in the game.

I saw on the overview file that German have some little difficulties (20 to 15 for US and 1 draw). So, German friends, do not stop to be courageous, ferocious and please, be smart and do not let the Americans win too easier 😆 . France is a so nice coutry that we do not want to go back to Germany 😎 .

I have now to prepare my troups for S205, S210 and S215 scenarii.

Please Sierra, in the scenario overview file, fill up guitho for GE and Redchili for US.

Thank a lot and may the US be crushed :mrgreen:

[Global event] The Race for Cherbourg posté le [08/07/2016] à 11:03

Hello guys,

On monday evening, I won a third battle for the German against redchili (great thanks to the "Hitlerjugeng" card).

I will try to play the to battles left for my troups.

So the score is now 21 to 17 for the evil US Army (what, are the german the devils ?!?! I can not believe that :mrgreen: ).

I call for German Honor, please do not let the others win this war…

[Global event] The Race for Cherbourg posté le [08/07/2016] à 19:34

Well fought, guitho1974! I bet redchili was very happy about that card :mrgreen:

[Global event] The Race for Cherbourg posté le [08/07/2016] à 20:52

Citation de Sierra Le [08/07/2016] à 19:34

Well fought, guitho1974! I bet redchili was very happy about that card :mrgreen:

If I remember well what he said, it looked like "Putain de carte Hitlerjugend" which I could translate in "FUCKING HITLERJUGEND CARD".

[Global event] The Race for Cherbourg posté le [10/07/2016] à 01:15

If I remember well what he said, it looked like "Putain de carte Hitlerjugend" which I could translate in "FUCKING HITLERJUGEND CARD".

We call that card ….. HITLER-ZOMBIE …. and as an Allied player you're never quite sure if a German character is ever really dead or not. Sigfried has come back to haunt me several times. 🙁

[Global event] The Race for Cherbourg posté le [12/07/2016] à 09:42

The Race for Cherbourg is officially over and resulted in an Allied Victory.

• 41 scenarios played.

• 23 American victories (56 %)

• 17 German victories (41 %)

• 1 Draw.

The Germans put up a hard fight and the campaign started out really even with every other battle going to the two sides. It was really anyone's game! However, the American warmachine later reported more wins and started to pull ahead.

In the end the Allies captured Cherbourg 6 days faster than their historical counterpart. Yet 3 days later than the somewhat ambitious historical plan!

A job well done and congratulations to the Allied players Davy, Mark, Arkansas Dave, Boulgrim, Michael, Mulberry, Robin, Redchili, Tom, Joe, Joe (2), Dan, Matt, Mike, Zap, Robin, Artusoo, and Julen. Well done also the German players, you sure put up a good fight.

Vandy puts up a heroic defense in the "Farmhouse" scenario but is finally killed at the end of Turn 7.

An American bazooka team bursts into action and gets a sneaky shot off at a German STUG in the "No Retreat" scenario.

Note the custom made order token!

The Germans surprise the Americans with extensive minefields in the "No Flak Zone" scenario.

As Kinsey put it; "goes to show that if you gave a scenarios to 100 different people you'd have 100 completely different games."

Thanks to everyone participating!

[Global event] The Race for Cherbourg posté le [12/07/2016] à 16:44

Big thanks to Mattias for putting the whole thing together!

[Global event] The Race for Cherbourg posté le [12/07/2016] à 19:56

Thank you!!!

Just waiting for next.

[Global event] The Race for Cherbourg posté le [13/07/2016] à 13:46

Thanks a lot to Mattias.

We are all waiting for the next event 😆

Something to be noted, I think, is that a campaign played during 10 days would be more playable for everyone (we migth say 3-4 days per phase in case of 3 successive waves).

So, whatever could have been the difficulties and delay on the Schedule, it has been really interesting to play this campaign (the firt one in my case).

Thanks to Mulberry to have informed me about that on the french website.

And do not forget that : Next time, the revenge of GE will be very very impressive, so US, Watch your asses, they will be kick :mrgreen:

Pages : 1 2 3 4